Will Ofna lx2 tank will fit in an LX1?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodrob

not hotdogbob
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know if the ofna lx2 tank will fit in an lx1?....I'm looking at the violater tank on another one of my rigs and that seems like it would fit, its a pain to remove it as it is a costom mod to the rig its in, it is comparible to the lx2 tank by picture

Last edited:
Man, I just can't seem to find an answer to this. I would say it is just one of those things that you will have to try and see what happens. Or just buy a new Lx1 tank.

Thought I would answer this question for anyone who ever needs the info......the lx2 fuel tank does not fit an lx1,it won't even work well if moddified,..I did a test fit with a used one I aquired,...I'm gunna see if a violater tank off the maxx will fit next

A violater tank will work! ..you have to put the overflow tube forward,won't look the cleanest but that tank has a greater capacity than the stock one,...anyone know of any other ofna tanks with the same mounting holes as the violater?

I think...repeat think...the mbx9.5, mbx9.5 pro, the ofna picco, and the violator all used a lot of the same parts. I know the first three did, I think the violator had more differences but still shared a lot of the same parts. they were all out about the same time.

It's been a while since I've had the tank for this rig I'm rebuilding but I remember it was really small,I'd like to increase the run time but also keep the layout clean looking

Do you have room to add a second tank like I did with my MBX 9.5?
474162_379339298779890_190439746_o.jpg

Yeah there's room just like yours on the stone guard but I'm giving this rig to my kid brother and wanna keep things as simple as possible for him

A good idea nonetheless

Back