RCexplorer Tri-Copter v3 Build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha well that was quite an interesting convo I just read...Hey Rolex would you happen to be able to get inside my head and convince me that R/C Flying is not for me? lmao! I lost the tri again, this time for good. Its about 7 hours away in Louisiana....Out in some rice field. I just hope when they re harvest this year that the lipo doesn't explode when it gets sucked up into the combine tractor. mmmmm that would be horrible news to hear.

Umm well I can't say exactly but I was in Louisiana when it flew away....As a result I have now sold my Devo 12s due to that being the only problem area I can come up with. Picked up a new Tx, Devo 6s, my buddy uses one and has really good luck with it.

Ahh. I thought you might have had a GPS on it or something.

Nah I haven't gotten anything like that but I am already gearing up to build a new one. So far I have the kit ordered, esc's and flight controller. I am going to build it a little better this time - CC3D atom FC, Lumenier ESC's and Lumenier 740kv motors, Bluebird yaw servo and I have not decided on the Rx yet but most likely a Spektrum again. Although I have questioned the reliability of Spektrum with the increasing amount of lockouts I've been hearing of....I also have not put it past possibly having brown outs or maybe even just horrible RF interferance. To many things to factor what could of happened without having the tri to check the ESC data logs.

Although I had another fly away on my blade, recovered about 100 yards away, luckily it didn't land in the creek that was about 5 feet infront of it. :/ Which again who knows what it could of been but the only thing that hasn't changed between the two separate fly aways has been the Transmitter.