Trophy 3.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here in NY,15 years ago there were a bunch of nitro tracks around,now there basically all indoor and all electric,...I can remember at any Giving time showing up at the lhs for parts there would always be a group of guys outside all with nitro rigs ripping around,haven't seen that in a long time

thats funny because i got my first nitro rustler while working/living in Bohemia Long Island,NY in 2000 and it was because when i went to the grocery store i saw a group of guys in the parking lot running nitro trucks and one guy had a 1/5 scale gas buggy. It was so cool i went in the store and bought a $350 Traxxas nitro rustler, a week later i went back to the same hobby shop and bought the Nitro 4tech.

IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG

Last edited:
getting her ready for some weekend fun..Lights, Camera, Action!
IMG_1385.JPG

replacing all fluids and of course shining her up with some armor all ;)

Finally, the important part.
And in MY case, and probably his, the most important part is getting it muddy again :p

getting her ready for some weekend fun..Lights, Camera, Action!View attachment 15371

replacing all fluids and of course shining her up with some armor all ;)
I think I may be doing the same thing, as supposedly its going to reach 16°c (60f) here- which I highly doubt as at the minute its cloudy...

after last weeks adventure i found 3 seized differential bearings so i'll pick up a dozen from the lhs in a couple hours. i need to learn about shimming, not that i have a problem but i found a few after putting her back together and need to be more familiar with shimming. every thing else was in good shape!

after last weeks adventure i found 3 seized differential bearings so i'll pick up a dozen from the lhs in a couple hours. i need to learn about shimming, not that i have a problem but i found a few after putting her back together and need to be more familiar with shimming. every thing else was in good shape!
I always blow my buggy off with a hairdryer or leave under a radiator after a wet run to stop bearings seizing or things going rusty- or just avoid the wet altogether. :)

thats good advice @ninnon it was raining that day and you saw the photos, its no surprise now that i think about it. i just got nine new bearings from my lhs and i'll be more careful next time... just kidding! cleaned pictures coming up after 4:20.

Rear shock tower bent?...spoiler looks crooked in the last pic

you are correct @hotrodrob.. the wing is crooked and was ordered yesterday, i was hoping the armor all would fix it ;)

i can't figure out why the left rear shock looks bent. It's pissing me off. lol... i think it's just the spring. i haven't had any really significant crashes but it's had some hard landings, i may have stretched the spring a little when i had it apart but i don't remember. oh well i'll figure it out after i adjust my new steering servo on the Savage.

Take the shock off and pop off the spring,compress the shock by hand to make sure it works smooth,you will know if the shafts is bent by doing this

Back