Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Moule

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having trouble with my RTR 3 evo nitro m3. I'm new to this..

After lots of work I finally got it started, for about a second. It immediately cut out :( after much playing around I've realised that it will idle as long as I'm constantly pressing the fuel button primer thingy (sorry for being a noob) but that also makes it leak fuel over the chassy.

Help? Please!

Did you buy it used? May have the line from the exhaust to the tank plugged or a pinhole in the fuel line. How is the compression? There are several things to look at, most are minor and easy to fix.

We need much more detail before any of us can help you bud,in which we will

Did you buy it used? May have the line from the exhaust to the tank plugged or a pinhole in the fuel line. How is the compression? There are several things to look at, most are minor and easy to fix.

This is the first time I've ever used nitro cars, so I don't know how to check compression or know where and what parts are called.
This car used to belong to my brother, and it's sat in the loft for about 10years.. But, it's never been used. I'll have another go later and update on anything I find

10 years is a long time to be sitting but the fact that it fires means it will run.
For starters, replace all the fuel lines, only about a buck a foot. That will eliminate any possibilities of air leaks in dried lines.
You should also replace the glow plug with a brand new one and have a fully charged ignitor.
First things first. When the new lines are on and you have NEW fuel in the tank, let us know if it will get to the carb while trying to start it. If not, put your finger over the end of the muffler while spinning the starter to force the prime. Let us know if it comes to life.

Back