Exceed 1/10 Infinitive Turns Like A School Bus

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpatrick

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an Exceed Infinitive truck, when I first got it the thing would turn on a dime. Now, my yard isn't big enough for it to even turn around. I replaced the servo, and I have looked at every linkage connected to the steering..nothing broke or bent. I am not sure where to go from here, I disconnected the linkage and set the trim and have tried adjusting back and forth and nothing...any ideas?

I'm not sure how your transmitter is set up but it kind of sounds like the end points of the steering controls are not set far enough. Are you able to turn the wheels more by hand with the power off.

Last edited:
Yes, I can turn them farther while it's off. I haven't adjusted anything from the factory settings or ran into anything. I thought maybe a weak servo but that didn't change anything.

It's the original that came with it...I will have to look at it to get an actual name.

You might also want to disconnect the servo arm and move the steering fully from side to side to make sure that nothing in the mechanical end is binding.

I'll definitely do that. I'm stumped at this point. I could understand if I hit something or something was broken but nothing.

This is the radio....just says Exceed on it.

Attachments

• IMG_5295.jpg
    IMG_5295.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 224
I can't see on my laptop. Does it have end point adjustments?

It has 2 knobs that adjust the position of the linkage on the servo. One on the top and one on the side.

Are both knobs turned to 10? The ones on top are the ones that limit the servo.

The one on top under the plastic cover is turned to 10. The one on the side isn't numbered it just has an arrow in the center and you can adjust left to right.

Ok, after reading everyone's feedback (thank you) I saw that the piece that the linkage coming off of the servo hooks to is actually two pieces with a spring inside. The silver screw to the left in the picture had backed off and wasn't putting enough pressure to hold the two pieces together. I tightened it down and she turns like a dream...although it does seem to back off again after running a while. I will probably try to replace that piece to keep from having to tighten it down after every run. I attached a picture so you can see what I am talking about because I don't know the proper name for any of these parts. Thank you guys for your help!

I'm sure you're referring to the "Servo Saver". Takes up any shock to the wheels and helps to prevent stripping servo gears.
If it keeps loosening up, use some red loctite on the threads.

Ok..will do. It seems I have to tighten it so far that it's hard for it to straighten out when I release the turn knob..but at least it's turning.

These things are a real learning experience. When you get one thing figured out, something else will become a problem.
Don't be discouraged, wrenching and mechanical figuring are half the fun of the hobby.

Yeah..I have been doing plenty of that! Thanks for all the help!

Back