touring body size help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacktsi94

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i have what seems to be a smartech winner one 1/10th scale and need to know which size bodies to look for I've seen 200mm 190mm and then higher factory specs for my car are nose to tail 380mm so I'm at a loss with what to look for. it had a celica body on it. so its not like its built for a big truck body any help with this question is appreciated and a follow up, tires what style of tire do most on road guys use??? i need a few sets of rims and tires and want to get that purchase out of the way looking for drift tire and asphalt tire

200mm and 190mm I believe are referring to the width

Typically 190mm is for electric touring cars, and 200mm are for nitro. However 200mm bodies can be used on electrics with the use of an offset wheel. This measurement is the width of the body, not the wheelbase.

I bought a 200mm body for one of my 1/10 nitro cars and it fit perfectly. As far as tires, foam tires will grip the road better than rubber but concrete will eat up foam tires pretty fast. Road racers will run foam tires. For just burning up the parking lots, rubber tires with foam inserts will last a long time.

Typically 190mm is for electric touring cars, and 200mm are for nitro. However 200mm bodies can be used on electrics with the use of an offset wheel. This measurement is the width of the body, not the wheelbase.
I knew that 190 and 200mm refered to width but I didnt know why there were 2 different widths...thank you for enlightening me :)

Back