Carburetor for SH .28 P6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jens-Jakob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all.

Got this SH .28 P6 from a deal but I need a carburetor.

First of all, this engine seems mean on the papir with 3.8 BHP - can I trust this? I have already a GO .28 mounted and it has no rating of BHP. I do not know how to compare those engines.

Back to the carburetor. Does all .28 carburetors have the same inside air flow diameter? Can anyone suggest a reliable carburetor that will stay in tune.

I can't answer your carb question but you can't really use horsepower ratings to compare engines unless both engines are made by the same manufacturer. Every manufacturer uses their own unique methods to calculate HP. an SH .28 shoudl be a decent budget engine though.

Thank you for your answers.

I can't answer your carb question but you can't really use horsepower ratings to compare engines unless both engines are made by the same manufacturer. Every manufacturer uses their own unique methods to calculate HP. an SH .28 shoudl be a decent budget engine though.
I will then get the engine assembled with new ball bearings and hoping it will be a powerfull engine.

SH Engines list the carb as TE2809-1 ebay has listings for TE2809. The only noticeable difference is one has a composite body, the other has a aluminum body
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redcat-Raci...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ae29a00ea
Thank you. It should then be totally plug and play. But is it not possible to use any carburetor as long as it is from a .28 engine?

As long as the diameter of the crankcase and carb body are the same you should be able to use just about any carb.
You'll need to take measurements of what you have with a micrometer and compare it with specs of whatever carb you choose.

As long as the diameter of the crankcase and carb body are the same you should be able to use just about any carb.
You'll need to take measurements of what you have with a micrometer and compare it with specs of whatever carb you choose.
I was thinking that as well. I have just read that there are great difference in engines ability to stay tuned. Is it not because of the quality of the carburetor?

Yes it can be the carb but it can also be other components. The carb is second in line to the fuel system and then you have the engine (and its various parts) following the carb, then comes the exhaust system. All of those components play a part in tuning your engine and if one has problems it will manifest in how well the engine runs or holds a tune. The good news is there aren't that many parts and its usually fairly easy to track down the origins of any problems.

Back to the carburetor. Does all .28 carburetors have the same inside air flow diameter? Can anyone suggest a reliable carburetor that will stay in tune.

Are you looking to upgrade your carb or didn't it come with one? My advice is before you add a new carb, open up your engine
and give it a thorough inspection/ cleaning. Especially if it never had a carb. There could be some junk in the crankcase

Yes it can be the carb but it can also be other components. The carb is second in line to the fuel system and then you have the engine (and its various parts) following the carb, then comes the exhaust system. All of those components play a part in tuning your engine and if one has problems it will manifest in how well the engine runs or holds a tune. The good news is there aren't that many parts and its usually fairly easy to track down the origins of any problems.
Yes, of course it also depends on the other components in the system. But I have the feeling the carburetor is the most sensitive component.

Are you looking to upgrade your carb or didn't it come with one? My advice is before you add a new carb, open up your engine
and give it a thorough inspection/ cleaning. Especially if it never had a carb. There could be some junk in the crankcase
It did not come with carburetor. But I have the bearings already and the crank, piston, sleve and crankcase looks just fine.

Back