Electric SCT ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sodripper

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Afternoon all! I have a couple nitro trucks and I can't take it anymore!!! Not the nitro but the cold temps. I live in upstate New York and its just too cold to run them. I have found a few local tracks and I want to go electric so my son and I can play in the winter. It doesn't mater if it is a rtr or kit, depending on price to complete the kit. I'm looking for any advice on which model or brand to buy. I want it to be brushless and competitive at the track. Any Ideas??

I would keep with major brands like HPI, Losi, Traxxas and Associated. A good way to see what's competitive is to see what they're running at the tracks you mentioned and go from there. I personally prefer the kit as you can choose what electronics you put in it and they usually have a few upgraded parts included.

If your wanting to race Id look at Losi Ten-SCTE. That would be my first personal pick but associated, Durango, and Tekno RC, make good racers also. If you just want a good basher thats fine for some simple club racing you can also look at traxxas, proline, and HPI are really good too.

Hey bud most of the guys here in NY are running losi SC at the Indoor tracks in Troy/cohoes....have you been there yet?

Sorry to be off topic but i bought my first nitro truck in Bohemia L.I. N.Y. in 1999, a Traxxas Rustler. Really great hobby stores up there.