servo assembly help!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacktsi94

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i have ordered a set of mg servos that come with a bunch of o rings small screws and different types and lenghts of armsthe steering servo is what I'm having trouble with i have a smartech winner one. 1/10th scale. the steering servo is upside down mounted. and i dont know how to assemble the arm to make it work. and or position of the arm on the splines.. or what to do with all the spacers and little rubber gromets and screws i dont want to mess up my brand new servos.. any help or links or pictures of assemblies would help a ton!!! thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the old servo still in the car? That would help.
If not, plug in the new servo, let it center itself (steering trim in center), then turn off the radio and receiver and match the length of the control arm to what you need to connect it to the steering linkage when the front wheels are also centered. One of the small screws keeps the control arm on the servo.

Heres a couple of pics of the winner 1 with the servo installed. It should give you an idea of what it should look like. As for the servo extras, the 4 rubber grommet looking pieces are for anti vibration. They squeeze into the mounting holes and then you put the mounting screws through them. the arm that you want to use can be anything roughly the size of whats show in the pics. You basically want as close to 90 degree bends on everything. If you look at the pics you can tell the arm is sticking off is at a 90 degree angle and then the steering link is 90 degrees off of that. so one and so forth. The link itsself between the servo arm going to the bellcrank can be slanted downward but all your horizontal angles should be 90 degrees. Hope that helps. Id get some faster servos than MGs for that type of kit IMO.

10142-1.gif
10142-3-620.gif