Losi LST XXL 2 Transmission Failures: In Depth Look

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makuloco2000

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
In this video I go over some of the part failures I have seen on this truck and give an in depth analysis of this particular failure of the transmission. Interesting stuff.

I'm considering buying one of these trucks so it's helpful to me to learn beforehand what issues these trucks have. Thanks for the update.:thumbs-up:

I'm considering buying one of these trucks so it's helpful to me to learn beforehand what issues these trucks have. Thanks for the update.:thumbs-up:
Yeah that was my intent for those out there trying to feel this truck out. I have had more problems with this truck than about any other. Might be the cold, might be the old fuel but currently it will not start either. Everything has checked out so fresh fuel it is! Honestly the pin in the transmission is more of a inconvenience than a major failure but still annoying Might be my slipper is too tight. I will have to back that off a 1/4 turn also.

That is strange. I own three LST's, one running on 6s. I have not encountered any driveline issues except for a loose grub screw. How many of those pins have you snapped?

I think hpi and losi really needed to develop these trucks a lot better rather than rush them on to the market ,I would of been glad to wait another year fore them to iron all the bugs out.
my octane is still without an engine while the lhs ,the Australian supplier and hpi all point fingers at one another.

i also own a nitro and a 6S electric and I've never had an issue with the transmission although I did do a FOC on the electric

I ran an LST with the gear flip mod and an LRP28S3 in it for many gallons on the same trans. My issue was the two speed jumping the flat spot and locking things up. Then again, I didn't run the LST tires. They were just too big and made the truck handle like a hog.

Back