Go .20 Traxxas replacement engine's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife isnt actually like that at all. Shes Asian so she has more of that Asian submissive culture mind set. While she has no problem speaking her mind she mostly lets me call the shots so I do my best to give her what she wants but I usually get final say.

whats hers is hers and whats mine is hers....

Okay guys I received the Go engine in the mail today thanks to an awesome supporting member on here working with me. This is just an initial visual inspection in comparison to a brand new Traxxxas 3.3 engine. At first look, the material quality looks to be of better quality than the stock Traxxas engine. I would compare the block to be similar to the Picco maxx series engines. The engine does not come with a glow plug installed. The plug is a standard plug non turbo. Looks like the pull starter or any other Traxxas compatible starters will fit with no issue's. The main difference is the exhaust outlet on the Go engine is somewhat bigger. The GO uses a spring mounted header. This one come with one that is compatible with a revo not the T maxx truck. May have some issue with that not sure. So if your planning on running the stock maxx pipes your going to have to come up with a header to fit. The carbs have some differences also. The Traxxas 3.3 carb has a much larger opening. The carb on the GO engine itself seems to be made very well. The Go engine carb is a standard slide 3 needle, with your HS needle, LS needle, Idle stop screw. Check pics for side by side comparison. Weather permitting I will get a good break in. Weather here is extremely bad here at the moment.

Attachments

• go1.jpg
    go1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 199
  • go2.jpg
    go2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 184
  • go4.jpg
    go4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 188
  • go3.jpg
    go3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 176
  • go 6.jpg
    go 6.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 183
Okay guys slight update on this Go .20 engine. First off finding a dam header that fits properly is impossible or at least one to fit it into a maxx. I have tried everything Traxxas direct swap to Sirio, Fantom .18 from way back which came the closest. Nothing I have tried fits that would make it a direct replacement for the maxx platform. With that being said it does come with a header for the revo so I guess this will be going into my revo for the review. I really had my hopes set on a maxx rig for testing. It's going to be bit for weather to improve but I hope by end of March I will have it properly broken in and ready to rip.

Hulk...is the exaust port just bigger on the outside or is it also bigger internal?.......I'm thinking it was designed for a bb header?

It is extremely close to a big block in size. I have tried several different brands and manufacturers headers all with a no go. The exhaust port exit is a lot bigger than that of the 3.3 that's for sure. I guess it will be going into my revo for the test. I am sure with enough effort there will be someone that figures out a head pipe to fit it into a maxx. I have so much going on right now I don't have time to experiment with it. I think the Go company should not be marketing it as a direct drop in for any of the traxxas vehicles if they only supply a header for one specific type.

Just a thought.. The OS motor I bought for the Jato project (OS.21) came with a revo header. It too is marketed as a traxxas direct drop in. I wonder if it is the same? I can get a measurement from it if you want. Or you prob. have much more knowledge of the engine I'm speaking of.

if you didn't live so far away I could loan you a spare tm 523 manifold I have maybe tat would work, you got some measurements on the manifold and header??

Thanks chickenman. I have actually tried the Rb header already it s a o go either.Tvjv the header for an O.S.21 may work I am looking into locating one. Thanks for the input guys.

I don't think that will work either hulk,the rb has a similar port size to a bb , know it uses a larger gasket than say a 21tm .what measurement do you have on the port and manifold supplied ,I can go through what I have here and lend a hand

OK thanks. I will try to get some measurements up soon. My digital calipers are at my parents house, maybe tomorrow evening ill stop by and pick them up.

Okay guys I have decided to install this engine into my old 2.5 revo for the test and review of the engine since that is what it came with the revo header. Got the install somewhat started tonight. Have to source a proper air filter as the traxxas is to big for the go's carb. Also the stock traxxas engine mount bolted right up with no fitment issues.

For $100, I'd try one out in my small block revo. I have a 3.3 in it now with the THS revo pipe, wonder if the header would fit that exhaust port.

Hulk I have a small box full of filters,gimme a inside measurement and u can have one bud

If I can locate my digital caliper I will get some measurements posted thanks guys. This is the strangest engine setup I have seen. The carb inlet is way small and the exhaust export is way big. I have tried 3.3 2.5 and several other combo's closest thing that match's is the old thunder tiger .21 mill from the OG Monster gt and it's just a tad to big. Anyhow it's going my Revo for the testing and review. I installed the clutch header and got it in the rig last night. One thing I have been fighting is the gear mesh. I think I would have been better of using the Traxxas flywheel collet. The supplied one with the Go engine is a tad longer which puts the clutch bell riding very close to the spur almost rubbing it. I have found a pretty happy adjustment we will see. Anyhow setup is this. I had a Picco Max .21 installed in the rig so I now how it ran with it. Plus I have had a 3.3 in it in the past so that's what my base comparison will be against. I am running the same Trinity pipe and the #7075 Integy clutch 3 show setup that I have always ran on all my setups.

Back