Dusting off an old car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It started as a joke. The teens at the track that always seem to win the top three spots in circle track were bragging about how there new stuff is so muck better than the older stuff. I mentioned that I had a 20 year old Bolink pan car that would at least keep pace with them. Then they challenged me. With the shop owners approval I will now be racing my old pan car against a couple D3,s a HPI sprint and some custom cars. The track is 20 feet long and about 50 feet all the way around. There average is 9 laps per minute. Is this a fair race? Last time this car ran was the 1999 season where it retired as a champion. I have tried to keep it to the old stuff, was able to save the old receiver, motor and servo. The ESC came from a traxxas rustler(brushed) and a 2 cell lipo.

Are they running brushless and lipo?

Yes they are running brushless and lipo's. I will be heading to the track for open practice on Friday. Will try to get a video of it.

A brushed motor can run with a brushless motor but lipo is a nice advantage. Also most brushless esc's are programable which can be another big advantage. IT will be interesting to see ghe comparison.

Unfortunately a snow storm put a stop to the race. Let me see what I can do for pic.

Back