Flux XL Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I started this project a few months ago, and after a bit of trial and error I finally got it all figured out and running great. The stock tvps were customized to fit the flux battery boxes, the transmission was converted to single speed and I used the Kershaw designs single motor mount. This left plenty of room under the motor to mount the esc.
IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

Wow good job I almost bought a savage xs

Thanks guys. If any one has questions on this build let me know.

Well, after a good hour of bashing and many hard landings, I stripped the spur gear. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the motor mount had become twisted quite a bit. The way this mount was designed, it uses only three screws, two on one side of the tvp and only one on the other side, allowing it to twist. I added a 1/4'' piece of stainless steel which allowed me to add 4 mounting screws, virtually eliminating any motor movement.
IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Thread update: I fried the stock ESC over 2 years ago, finally got around to buying a new castle MM2. The flux xl lives again.
P_20150127_200243.jpg

Hows the Kershaw designs mount still holding up?

Back