Are R/C truggys fading away?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeyizle

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
the most talked about truggys seem to be discontinued ect once their discontinued does this mean that parts will be very hard to find?

losi 8ight truggy as example?

The 8ight is not discontinued...at least not the 3.0 and teh vast majority of parts on the are interchangeable. The eight line is has been so popular for so long that I'm sure they probably still make 1.0 parts and I'm sure they'll be making 2.0 parts for a long time to come.

I have an 8ight and an 8ight T to build and I'm sure they arent going anywhere any time soon. :)

I've just picked up one of those truggies that has been discontinued. An HPI Hellfire, but ebay seems to have just about anything i would need or have needed so far.

Yep, truggies are now popular here in UAE, more and more getting into it. I got Jammin X2 pro truggy, Losi 8T 2.0, and Mugen MBX6TR and got no problem for the prts availability.

ahhhhh Mugen! One of these days its still my plan to have a Mugen. I originally wanted to buy mugens instead of Losi (not that I dont love Losi) but I caught both my Losi buggy and truggy on really good sales so I ended up foregoing Mugen for the time being....but one of these days! :)

I'm not sure if they are fading away. But in my area no one has one. Every rc owner here has MT trucks. And its understandable because the terrain here is so rough that its a must to have a very high off the ground truck that can womp over everything.

but recently i've been so ubsessed with truggies. Near my house i want to re groom the track and just make a nice track for truggies or buggies. Not to rough or rocky and get it smooth and hard packed. I'll still have spots for the savage to bash around. But i do plan on a truggy. They look so fun and awesome.

It depend on the buggy model. You can easily find every spare part of a successful model .

hope they don't go out, I love my HB Lightning Stadium...finished repairs after the big burn, just waiting on tires.

hope they don't go out, I love my HB Lightning Stadium...finished repairs after the big burn, just waiting on tires.
sure wish I could post some pics...always comes up as an error.

I have a local indoor track right down the road from my house and most everyone in there is either racing stadium trucks or buggies. I don't see too many people racing truggies anymore.

The truggy class is growing in the Atlanta, Ga area. We run both nitro and electric and the class is very popular.

Lee

I wish RC's were popular at all here near St. Louis. We got 3 Hobby Shops in the area and the closest to me is still 25 miles away.

Back