Mike220ST Personal Build & Modifacations Thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike220ST

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Welcome to my build thread, I am a complete noob in the Nitro RC world so feel free to point out anything i could be doing better.

Just waiting for the actual kit to start lol, hurry up St Nick.

Mike

not entirely certain, i did a amazing job of forgetting the exact details, its a self build for me to learn the basics and will move on to more sophisticated setup once i understand the in and outs of the RC scene.

well it has arrived, time to get organised for building it, any pointers will be much appreciated.

thanks mike

Attachments

• nitro buggy.jpg
    nitro buggy.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 176
make sure you use blue locktite on any screws that get screwed into metal. If they go into plastic its not needed.

thanks for that tip, i am using this this as a learning project. have been doing a lot of reading on the buggies short comings and fixes,

motorola empty 321.jpg

getting started

first thing to do is build the differentials.
motorola empty 322.jpg
motorola empty 323.jpg
motorola empty 324.jpg
motorola empty 325.jpg

and next onto the Spur gear and brake.
motorola empty 326.jpg
motorola empty 327.jpg

Last edited:
The build is looking good! I only ask because I dont see it in the pic....Did you put fluid/lube in the diffs?

Both parts of the diff where greased as per instruction, then i used a cordless drill to replicate use then i reopened them to check all parts where covered in the right amount of grease as to much is as bad as to little.

completed the rear suspension and diff installation
RC buggy pics 003.jpg

Steering set up parts.
RC buggy pics 004.jpg
RC buggy pics 004.jpg

fully installed, fiddly as hell for someone with thick fingers like me.
RC buggy pics 006.jpg

Last edited:
one tip I would give though is to not fit the spur gear as it gets in the way of the rear tracking rods and the front suspension installs.

Looking good ,man. Building a kit IMO is the best way to get into the hobby. You learn the inner workings of everything.
My only criticism is, looks like your right rear upper control arm is upside down. :D

Looking good ,man. Building a kit IMO is the best way to get into the hobby. You learn the inner workings of everything.
My only criticism is, looks like your right rear upper control arm is upside down. :D
well spotted missed that.

Did your kit come with engine and servos or do you have to buy them separately?

shock parts
shocks.jpg
more RC buggy pics 004.jpg
more RC buggy pics 005.jpg

more RC buggy pics 001.jpg

electrics fitted.
electrics fitted.jpg

engine fitted.
engine.jpg

fully built, and now the fettling starts.
fully built.jpg
more RC buggy pics 009.jpg
head shot.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats buddy. Looks like she's ready to rock. How would you rate the build experience? Would you build another rc kit?

Back