MMO/ATF/ARO?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So guys was just wandering about this ARO question that was asked awhile back on here. I have been doing research a lot on the hole ARO thing. Anyhow I usually use Hobbico ARO but I have ran out and I have a lot of rigs I need to put up for winter storage. Seems to be a lot of people use a 50/50 mix of MMO/ATF as there ARO. Just wandering what everyone on here thinks. I have mixed up enough in the mix for all of us nitro guys in the local area here going to give it a try. A LHS I used to frequent back in the day used to make up his own ARO and sell it he told me it was this 50/50 combo and it seemed to be really good for storage. Don't want to start a huge debate over what's best just looking for a cheap effective safe alternative to store all my rigs. I already know for sure WD-40 is hard on O-rings.

I've used a few different after run oils

model technics - theres sucks, it turned into some weird white smegma looking gunk when trying to start the engine, so i had to remove the glow plug and flush my engine with fuel,
HPI - used theres had no issues with it

i have also used neat 2 stroke oil and that worked pretty well had no issues starting the truck after using it but that was more to lube the engine after cleaning (also use it in my shocks on occasion)

i can't comment on marvels mystery oil as i have never used it but from what i have heard its pretty good

i have also used air filter oil it appears to work quite well other than being slightly thicker or thinner (depending on brand )

I'm guessing any oil as long as its NOT WD40, or a oil that acts as a degreaser, or prone to leaving ( can't think of the word so I'm going with ) hard deposits of gunk

I prefer using the Traxxas stuff myself and have had no problems.

LMFAO!
Please, and I can't stress this enough...
If it resembles some weird white smegma looking gunk, DON'T put it in your engine. :D
Or he may of been using goose fat.

I was given an unused bottle of Schumacer Racing 100% pure silicone purple stuff, I left it there over 6 weeks and it started first pull the next time I used it.

When I took my time away from the hobby for 6 years I stored all of mine with the marvel mystery oil and they did fine. When I went to start them up again I put a few drops in the glow plug hole and primed the engine they pretty much fired up.

LMFAO!
Please, and I can't stress this enough...
If it resembles some weird white smegma looking gunk, DON'T put it in your engine. :D

it was the first and last time i used it
was this stuff
after-run.jpg

I looked and your right, only UK. 2.99 for the oil, 3.49 to ship.

Complete with the smegma insertion tip.

that got a giggle out of me, it turned into the smegma when you tried starting it,

that got a giggle out of me, it turned into the smegma when you tried starting it,
They make good fuel but my friend told me about their after run oil and he had the same experience!

I looked and your right, only UK. 2.99 for the oil, 3.49 to ship.

Complete with the smegma insertion tip.
Lol, are you planning on buying some of it?- I'd definitely recommend it. I wouldn't expect it to solidify if its 100% silicone.

Interesting to see what everyone is using. So far the 50/50 mix of non synthetic ATF/MMO seems to work out. Not sure on long term storage but we will see. I was just trying to find a cheap alternative to store my rigs this winter I have around 20 of my own plus my buddies trucks I store for them. I actually have bout 2-3 builds that I will be working on for some buddies. I'm the LHS here for all the nitro guys. We will see if the ARO combo works out.

I use MMO with 25% Motorkote. A lot of people have never heard of Motorkote, but the stuff works. Its a hyper-lubricant/ friction fighter. I have used it in my cars for years. 378k miles on a Saturn I drove 110 miles a day to and from work. It's not cheap though. Good stuff for sure. http://motorkote.com/

Back