Donate for Toys for Tots

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final week of collecting donations!

Today is the last day for donations!!!

$275.00!

That's the total amount RCNT was able to raise on our first Toys for Tots donation drive. Many thanks to the members that was able to and did donate for this wonderful cause. Knowing this money is going to bring happiness to some lucky kids in just a few more days should make you very proud. Thank you!

2014-toys-for-tots.png

Now lets see if we can beat this amount next year! :D

Sorry guys, I would have helped but I'm already involved in charity work in my local area and I just recued a puppy from the pound (costs a lot more money than you would think!) as my own Christmas present. I'm overbudget and underpaid :)

No problem. It's a tough time of year for everyone, and everyone else wants donations. I limit what I give and who gets it.
I went to a J.C. Penny's last week and as I drove past the entrance there were 6 people with kettles, boxes and tables. I circled the lot and left. I'm tired of feeling guilty for NOT giving anything in front of EVERY store I go to. I go to the grocery store 3 or 4 times a week and there's always someone different there who has no idea that I've given plenty already.
I'm a real soft touch for kid's toy drives, though. Just can't say no to any of them. I just wish I could see the smiles of the kids who actually HAD a Christmas just because of the toy drives.

Theres a widow that works at one of the local subways here who is a real sweetheart of a gal. Everyone that comes in knows her and likes her and she puts alot of care into her minimum wage job. She is still 5 years away from getting her husbands survivor benefits (I think thats what its called?) so she doesn't have much money. I found out a few weeks ago that her computer not only died but was taken and gutted by her son for his own use. So I decided that my charity work this year was building her a PC out of whatever parts i had laying around and/or that i could bum off of my other IT friends and co-workers. I even got someone to chip in a 19in flat screen dell monitor! :) I ended up having to buy a case and a motherboard for the project which was fine cuz the rest I got donations for! I even chipped in one of my old Windows 7 home premium cd keys so she would have a legit copy of windows on the box. That and the puppy is enough for one year I think. I'm glad that you guys were able to raise some funds for the kids too though :)

@Greywolf74, I think that's really great.
Right now I'm waiting for a cleaning lady. I just found out yesterday that she's divorced and single handedly paying 2 rents to support other family members as well as her 13 year old daughter. She does licensed 'in home' care for a good friend of mine who's pretty busted up from surgeries and a bad accident.
The holidays are here and I want to make sure she doesn't come up short. I already told her I'd do a full restore on her laptop before she gives it to her daughter for school. No charge on that and I'll make sure she gets paid more than she asks to clean.

Back