gasmaxx!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok since buying myself an octane I have wished for traxxas to pull their finger out and join the gas bandwagon. after driving around for a few weeks alone with my thoughts I came to a conclusion that I'm impatient and I can build one my self.
the obvious answer is to fit the dynamite setup from the xxl2 but then I would have to run the figures of buying the bits to build a new bb chassis maxx then buy the dynamite gear ,at this stage I was up to nearly $1500 without radio!
then it hit me I already have an flm ice chassised maxx that sits here collecting dust so its going to get a heart transplant.....
has anyone done this or thought about doing this ,its not going to happen this week but hopefully by the end of the year I will have it to rolling chassis.
Thoughts.......

I'm actually building one but I'm using a revo chassis for mine

that should be interesting considering the revo chassis has less room to lay stuff out ,how far along is she....

Working on a custom motor mount for it and I gotta lift the tranny a 1/4 up for the engine mount

I thought about it for my BB builds but decided to wait and see how well the Dynamite engine holds up, some of their recent previous offerings did not impress me in the quality department.

same here mate, I need to get the funds together first so I may use this an opportunity to this out the fleet and fund it that way I have a near new e revo that hasn't seen the light of day for about 18 months lol.
I started putting a list together last night and its not as bad as I thought probs just over $300 for the gasser gear but the the truck itself needs work , it one of my first build and I run out of coin towards the end and just had to make do with what I had.

I like your idea chickenman. I'm assuming an XXL2 weighs more than a BB Maxx? If that's the case, this project has the potential to be a real screamer.
Anybody know if a gasser has more torque than a BB nitro? I'm guessing yes. If that's the case, you may have to look into upgrading your diffs and such.

I've been reading a thread on another forum and a guy from losi is contributing and he claims the .31 will top 29k rpm. I will have to keep reading today.
I should of weighed the xxl2 my lhs keeps trying to sell me . they didn't like the idea of selling me just the parts I wanted either lol!!.
the octane cost me just shy of $1100 and they want $860 for the xxl2

Any updates on this project coming Chickenman. I have been considering this myself also. I have n old school Cybermxx BB conversion I was considering using there light but very strong maxx BB conversion chassis.

Not much at all mate, really not digging the gassers atm ,the octanes engine is toast after 12 tanks and i have heard nothing good of the dynamite engine so at the moment its on ice and hopefully these manufactures can sort their gear out . I did manage by sight to weigh the xxl2 and my bb maxx and i recon the maxx is lighter by a bit .
For the moment ill wait and see

I'm digging the idea.. I saw in passing someone had did a maxx on a home grown chassis with a 26cc gasser. I talked to a guy at church yesterday that had a machine shop about a strrtched chassis plate that was 3/8... but I need to finish the now three projects I have going now

so the chickenman is doing a gasser max build huh......nice! glad to see some good threads around since my absence

Don't worry bro I've been cyberstalking you for a while now...lmfao

Good to see some old faces round here been a bit quite in these parts.
Havent really done much on this project ,truck is ready for a teardown but i want to hold for a bit longer and see what these engines do

I just got a new MGT 4.6 that would be a good donor for this kind of project....

I'm all for this build man..how about a pic of the engine just sitting in the maxx......by the way did you ever find the dingo that stole your baby

haha ,I haven't got the engine just the donor truck its currently running an flm ice chassis with a force .28 ,its not a bad setup and goes hard but being one of my first build I can see now what I would change and make better.
at some stage of this year I want to build it but with the falling dollar my budget isn't stretching as far.

by the way did you ever find the dingo that stole your baby
I found the babe that stole my dinghy.
e-dinghy.jpg

Back