gas and steering sticking..need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sletten25

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When I drive my truggy for about ten min my gas and steering stick..wondering what might be the problem?and is there a way to fix it and I'm running it in the winter in Minnesota

First, make sure your transmitter and reciver batterys are fully charged. If your truggy does not have waterproof servos and reciver box the melting snow could be causing your electronics to glitch. Also make sure the snow isn't getting packed around the servos causing them to bind, that has happened to me a few times .

Ok I will try replacing the batteries in it and hope it helps..is there any tricks to do to not g et snow by the servos?

Ya cause my dogs tend to wanna get it

Move to the south. :celebrate:.JK. Sounds like your catching interference from something. That could be the case of low batteries or your receiver is bad. The reason I say that is the only way both servo's are going to glitch together is low battery, interference or bad receiver. If it was just one servo I would say bad servo. Charge the batteries up good and if it's a rechargeable receiver pack and it's old you may look at replacing that before doing anything else.

Ha I wish I could move south ha but that's what I'll try first cause they are the factory batteries that came with it so god knows how old they are haha

I would look and see if there is a option for a flat or hump rechargeable pack. What type of rig is it? You will save a ton of money in the long run with rechargeable NIMH battery packs. Plus your electronics will react better with rechargeable packs.

Once everything dries out put your receiver in a balloon, use a zip tie right at the receiver and put it pretty tight but don't damage the wires now squirt silicone or grease into the balloon and use another zip tie to seal in off. The silicone will make a nice water barrier to help protect the receiver.

I have a hpi trophy truggy

Back