A Day at the races

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A year ago my daughter wanted her own rc truck. I got her an ECX 1/18 short course truck. Now after a year of her bashing that thing it still runs pretty good. She wanted to try racing it. I took her to the track for the last race before Christmas and got her into the novice class. She was going up against three others that have been running for a little bit so I figured she would be dead last but as long as she has fun that was all that mattered.
Well first heat, 3 minutes, the buzzer went off and she took off. First corner she forgot to do two things, first was to slow down a bit, second was to turn. Luckily there was another truck there for her to run over and get pointed in the right direction. From that point on with a little help she did alright in getting around the track and finished the heat in 2nd place. Now the next heat she stayed focused on what she had to do and had some fun with the big jump but managed to win that one. The A-Main she lined up well and did a good job but kept getting over excited and traction rolling at one corner resulting in a second place overall. She had a blast and I walked away very proud of her. I had more fun with that then I can remember having racing on my own.
She ran into and over just about everyone. Nobody blamed her or held it against her, they just understood she is learning. So after the new year she will be back on the track racing her heart out.
Shaun

That is AWESOME!!!! It's amazing how happy they can make us simply by having fun, glad to you a great father daughter day!

She ran into and over just about everyone.

Understandable. She had places to go, things to do. The others drivers got in her way. Next time THEY'LL learn to move aside cuz she's coming through. :eek: That's hilarious.

Thank You everyone. But it is Leora that gets the props, she is 6 and stayed with it to run an entire day of racing and has even picked out her next truck.

So we know what Santa is bringing her then?

But soon enough!

It's great she had a good time, soon enough she'll be burning the track up!

Awesome you and your daughter enjoy the hobby together! Wish the track was closer to me so my son and I could go more often.

woo thats amazing , your daughter going to be great in this hobby :)

Back