Dead savage octane...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so I thought I would give everyone a heads up on my octane in particular, its currently at my lhs without an engine. I had gotten roughly 12 thanks through her and had not been able to get it to start no matter what I tried so after many phone calls with the lhs and the Australian distributor they have come to the conclusion that there is excessive wear inside the engine and needs to be first sent to the aussie distributor then sent to hpi hq ,all of which means no truck for around 4-6 weeks .....
I will post more details when they come but yeh , don't buy one if you want to enjoy it for a while....

Sorry Chicken, of all the vids out, I've only seen one where the guy had it running right.

Keep us posted.

the funny thing was the supplier tried to blame my tuning saying I ran it way lean when in fact my lhs said if anything it was too rich.
think I'm going to be fighting this one for awhile.
the stupid thing is that's not the only problem with it too ,both set screws were backing themselves out causing the tranny to clunk one didn't even have Loctite on it lol .I was also wondering why the header was leaking after a run,no gasket installed from the factory.

Man I am still wanting one of the Octanes I would have thought by now the issues would be getting worked out. I could have picked one up at my LHS for $350.00 awhile back but I am still on the fence about them so I passed.

its a good truck just poorly executed ,there is some good points but others really let it down such as the electronics and obviously the fact that mine only made it to 12 tanks lol.

Back