The Newest Scale Project.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. It will be on the trail this weekend with any luck.

...and some people wonder why I won't take mine out to play in the dirt. :woot:
Because it will take time out of your busy nap schedule to wax and polish your rigs even more?

Did you get a chance to put this rig to the test yet? How does it compare to the SCX10?

I've been fighting allergies and have miserable weather here. I'm going to try and run it over the holidays at my mom's place and will try and get some pics posted.

Thanx. I'm going to be driving it over the holidays along with the SCX-10/JK project. I'm even going to try to get some pics of them in the dirt.

Make sure you wear your knee pads when you pushing them in the dirt, and keep your mouth closed while making the vroom vroom sounds or you'll have dust stuck in your teeth. Have fun bro!

I didn't get to take the Big Blaze with me due to space constraints. I did get to play with the Twin Hammers and really enjoyed the roost of mud and rain from the wheels when I hit the throttle. No pics were taken because my family didn't want to be outside in the cold rain. I'm planning on running Big Blaze on New Year's day to start the year off right.

C2FBF4CE-B09A-42AF-8454-7C0F49FADD76.jpeg
So how has the ascender been treating you? Did you get any of the redesigned parts that Vaterra has been releasing for the ascender?

I’ve already swapped out the ring and pinions of the stronger versions, but my red fuel cell hasn’t shown up yet.

I’ve ordered some double shear knuckles from shape-ways (bowhouse-rc), so I can try a double...tie rod? What’s the rod that connects both knuckles to each other? I’m going to try 2 of those.

I also got tired of it being so low to the ground, so I tried proline powerstrokes XL Shocks.

I haven't been doing any RC stuff due to a knee injury. I still want to go play with both the Ascender and the JK/SCX-10.

I haven't been doing any RC stuff due to a knee injury. I still want to go play with both the Ascender and the JK/SCX-10.
I know what that's like. You certainly can't be pushing it around on hard ground with an injured knee. You might want to stick with carpeting inside till you heal.

That sucks. Knee injuries take a while to heal too. Couple years back I unwillingly participated in a...Pauli exclusion principle, and limped...hobbled away with a busted left knee.

Back