3.3 broken Rod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well it finally happened. I was out running my Revo today. It was flying down the road when it just quit. I took the motor apart and there were the pieces. The crank case, piston and rod had pieces laying at the bottom with the crank. The sleeve is still in good shape. The motor had only 1 gallon through it. I'm looking for a drop in motor. I know the os21tm will drop in along with another 3.3 or 2.5. Is there any other choices out there? Thanks for your help.

I would like to try the Novarossi at some point so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it. Incase you didn't notice that engine uses turbo plugs, regular glow plugs will not work in it.

Those dynamite .19 engines will surprise you. I want to give the Nova a try but I love those Picco .21 maxx engines, mine have been tough as crap.

I have the novarossi in a slayer I built last year and it is a sweet engine ,best part is it comes with a pipe and manifold for the price.the only downside,well for me is that its a roto start engine there are parts to make it a pullstart but they aint cheap.
powerwise its on par with a 3.3 but the quality is ten times better. also it runs a turbo plug which does cost more but do tend to last longer than the std type plugs

Look into the Dynamite .19, Losi 3.4 or the Picco .21. I know the dynamite is almost a direct fit may have to modify the carb link a little no biggie the losi will work but not a direct drop in and I'm pretty sure the picco .21 will work but need some minor mods. Any other big block minus the OS you will need a big block mount.

Picco .21 maxx is a direct drop in with motor mount even fits the #4910 short chassis truck you have to angle the carb some if your running the older black transmission. If your running the #4909-#4907 trans there is no clearance issues that I have found. On my short chassis trucks I have had to modify the throttle linkage somewhat no biggie. Pretty sure you have to cut the crank down on the Losi 3.4 or it will rub the trans case. Those Picco .21 maxx engines put out pretty darn good if your running a good pipe. My buds Revo will blow his tires off his beadlocks.

Thank everyone for the replies. I put the novarossi on my christmas list. Just have to wait to see if santa will bring it. I'll keep everyone posted.

its a great little engine ,can't see why more people don't use them