Revo Truggy Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see how it goes after break in with the engine leaning over that far ,hopefully no lean turns.

I'm interested to see how it goes after break in with the engine leaning over that far ,hopefully no lean turns.
Yeah so am i.

The clutch bell arrive and I'm about to go to the post office to get it. hopfully this works.

Oh man I have missed out on this! That looks great so far, I love building Revos from ground up.

Thanks !! unfortunately the modded trx engine BB mount will not work. So i ordered the new era mount kit, made some extra money so thats on the way.

Besides that the small update is i finished my paint job. Not exactly what i planned in my head but I'm not the best painter. But i tried to cover up some mistakes with stickers.

1119141318b_zpse1791b3f.jpg

1119141318a_zps426e1e90.jpg

1119141318_zpsc49d1dd3.jpg

Other than that ill have the truck probably running soon when that era mount kit comes in.

1122141451_zps2945dd0e.jpg

So i got my era mount in today. Works great @ meshes perfectly and i actually had to run a smaller spur because my 40 T was too big to also mesh with the 20 t CB. So i put the original 36t spur on there and its perfect.

everything works fine with out the body, but with the body i have to trim some more things because i originally made my holes and trim to fit my traxxas BB mount so now i have to re due some things. But other than that i like it.

1122141507a_zps114a9d09.jpg

Hopefully after alittle more trimming and ill be able to have full throttle with no problems. Either way I'm very happy with the ERA kit and how it looks so far. very solid yet light kit and just fits perfectly.

Thanks !! i got the throttle linkage issue sorted out and now i just gotta get an air filter intake and it will be complete. For now the break in ill just use the savages air filter. I might just order another savage air filter or an HB air filter. probably going to have to trim some more to get that to work. I had to have to trim any more because i have had to re trim alot of things just to get this new setup to work with this body.

But fortunately the bodies integrity is still there.

Anyways for now heres a shot of how it looks with the angine and basically complete.
1122141857_zpsfd8edc3e.jpg

That thing looks amazing. Job well done man, I'm really liking that body.

That thing looks amazing. Job well done man, I'm really liking that body.

Thanks !!!! drove it around for the second tank break in and it did great !!!

Thanks !!! Yeah unfortunately with this body there is no way to run a roll bar with out killing the look of the truck. Hopfully zipties will keep it from too much damage.

I gotta say this engine is probably one of the best bang for your buck engines. Just did the second tank break in and WOW couldn't resist to just go 3/4 throttle and even as rich as I'm running it, it pulls hard. Maybe its because this is my first turbo glow plug engine but it runs great and has lots of power for the cost. I spent 80 dollars including shipping for this thing and can't believe how great it is !!

Also small update, i wanted to get the larger exhaust so i ordered and OFNA .28 Exhaust.

Sounds ALOT louder than the traxxas exhaust.

Everything seems to be working properly so I'm happy. Not going to be fond of crashing it but it will happen.

1124141723b_zpscc64bfd6.jpg

Back