New Wraith Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I got that. I just signed up over there so I could help myself to their vendors products.

Ready for the snow tomorrow!

JcnmSAr.jpg

Oh boy, this has the makings of a very entertaining video!

Hey HPIguy I was about to order an antenna-less reciver and I was wondering why is the 4th channel on your reciver marked 4/B? Does it have a specific use/function. Also why is it HV? Does that make a difference...I've only seen 2 futaba receivers that are antenna-less.

How do you like your TSLs.... I had a set of 1.9 w/D.W foams, but I think I've miss placed them, since they were among some of the items that I didn't find when I unpacked.

I like the Swamper TSLs. I have them on my SCX-10/JK and my Twin Hammers.

Alexander, I'm pretty sure the 4th channel is marked that way in case you wish to use a separate battery to power the Rx rather than use the built in BEC. HV just means you can run it straight off a 2s lipo pack without harming the RX is all.

I love the look of the TSLs, and they do well on dry rock and hard pack. If it's wet or loose soil, they don't do well at all. I prefer the cut boggers for those conditions, nothing else I own will touch them.

Hmm, good to know, but now I have to ask since the only other electric I have is the MERV, I shouldn't have any issues using the built in BEC in the ESC to power the reciever? 3 of my 4 controllers run off of the battery directly, and only use the reciver for the signal, the last controller runs off of reciver power, but it's only powering some simple L.E.D lights.

I did add that reciever you've got in your wraith to my last shopping list, I'm sure I'll learn more once it arrives.

scalers/crawlers are hard on esc's, IMO using a external BEC is always the smart choice as it takes a lot of the workload off of the esc.

Alexander, I did roughly the same actually. My stock Axial simple LED kit and shift servo run right of the RX's built in BEC, everything else (including steering servo) runs off a Castle external BEC.

Thanks SMaxxin, I did get an extra BEC as a contingency plan, although I had thought my ESC was powering the receiver?!?!... So far this is what I'm working with:

Heyok 4amp winch controller w/soft start. (direct lipo power)
Heyok no-brainer BEC. (Steering Servo)(direct lipo power)
Heyok dual output 12v light controller (lights)(direct lipo power)
Heyok brake/reverse/driving light controller. (Rx power)(home made L.E.D strand/s)

And a spare CC 10amp BEC, (the contingency plan)

My mistake, I didn't notice you were running only your rx on the internal bec.

Pulled the Wraith out the other day to run it and noticed I had no low gear. Tore into the trans and the output shaft is snapped in two, I have the HD version on order. Not complaining at all though, I've put this thing through hell, including 4s on a Pro4 3300kv on a regular basis. :D

P1030491%20Large_zpsvgmq8g3o.jpg

I think you should just get rid of that POS before it takes up all of your airplane money...I'll pm you my address asap!

Don't feel bad. I had medication delivered to "me" Thursday, only I didn't receive it...

Back