Best truck available at the minute?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almighty15

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just registered as I've been out of the game for a long time, last RC Nitro truck I owned was the first generation T-Maxx.

As xmas is around the corner I've been thinking of getting a new nitro to keep me busy but things have changed A LOT since I had my T-Maxx.

Been looking at the T-Maxx 3.3 ( Bit of nostalgia ) and even the beastly 2 stroke petrol trucks.

Not really concerned with a budget but would ideally like

- 2 speed gear box
- Good handling
- Electric start, prefer a roto start system has less weight on the engines crank
- Reverse gear
- And most of all it has to be able to take a beating

I've got my eye on a CEN Genesis as it seems pretty bad ass?

What you guys reckon?

Thanks in advance

Either a Savage or Revo. Savage being the toughest, Revo handleing the best.

Maybe a Lst. Kinda cross between the two. Slower and heavier than the other two though.

Revo roller and big block it will be your best bet. I prefer the losi .28 big block on the revo.

I meant lrp .28. Sorry. Damn auto correct.

Bah, I hear the Losi BB mills are just a giant mistake invented by some people at Team Integy... Not nice to read that but I only speak the truth.

Id reccomend the extended chassis Revo or platinum version Revo, dropping minor drivetrain mods on then drop a LRP .32 monster in her!!

I vote LRP all day long, and would rather have my rig without a mill then put a Losi,TRX or any other crap made brand like them into my truck...

Bah, I hear the Losi BB mills are just a giant mistake invented by some people at Team Integy... Not nice to read that but I only speak the truth.

Id reccomend the extended chassis Revo or platinum version Revo, dropping minor drivetrain mods on then drop a LRP .32 monster in her!!

I vote LRP all day long, and would rather have my rig without a mill then put a Losi,TRX or any other crap made brand like them into my truck...
Yeah I agree. I didn't mean losi bb kit. Auto correct put losi in there. I meant .28 lrp engine.

News flash, Losi Big blocks are SH engines. The exact same as the SH produced Lrp engines.

News flash, Losi Big blocks are SH engines. The exact same as the SH produced Lrp engines.

News flash, somewhere along the line from LRP, an error occurs and somehow Losi was born though LRPs butt canal and has stunk the entire time....

Same thing happens in Team Integy parts yeah, and also in the same sense as Traxxas going super cheap lately on RCs and the way how most sister brands are usually alot less quality and price.......

In the end Mr Jedi Pod Racer, I still dont care to hear the small details that are only used as part of your defensive reply to your mill brand being SHUNNED!...

- Mr.Storm Trooper Man

Last edited:
your an ignorant ass. I have both engines and have had them apart side by side. They are the same engine.

Do some research, not just talk out your ass.

BTW the .32 is the worst engine Lrp makes. The .28 is faster. Yes I have one of those too.

LosiFrom Lrp? Shows the extent of your knowledge. Both are born fron the SH 8 port.

Last edited:
Wow...Went off topic very quickly.

So my options are a Savage or a Revo with a big engine?

Yes your correct. Savage or revo with a big block is your best bang for the buck as a all the way around good rc. I'm not a HPI guy so I can't tell you much about the savage except what I've seen. From everything I've seen it's a beast. I think the revo is a more advanced set up though so my personal opinion the revo is better and will handle better.

yes the savage is a big air hard basher with good top speed.

the revo is better built for conering but not as strong as the savage.

both good trucks. thats why i have them both.

Just remember; you may only need a kit to fit a BB in a Revo, but you'll need a bit more to "run" a BB in a Revo. The Traxxas rigs are 1/10 scale and are built like 1/10 scale, you'll have to start building them to handle the power of a BB. If you grab a Savage or LST, they're already built to handle the power and are pretty solid out of the box.

Traxxas: Tons of aftermarket support, but they need it to be really good bashers (especially when stuffing a big engine in it)
Savage: Decent aftermarket support, good bashers out of the box, but they aren't known for their handling.
LST: Decent bashers, good handling, but the aftermarket support is lacking (may start coming back because of the XXL2)

Or go huevos out and get the AE MGT or Rival they are tuff monsters!!

Sv is right the Savage is built for big air and are many more top heavy than the ground sticking Revo, just like havin spider legs for wheels on the Revo.

:DYep, the only soloution is to get em all.

I dont have a MGT yet. Gotta build one.

If you are planning on racing it then I would go with HPI or Losi. If you are looking for some fun in the backyard then T Maxx 3.3 will do good, I rather enjoy my Maxx's. The Savage is also a rough and tough truck. The Revo is also a great truck, however it has a lower ground clearance. All in all it comes down to just what you want to do with it and where you are going to run it. For me, some of my spots require as much ground clearance as I can get while others I can run a low truck at high speeds. It really is up to you. If I was to go out right now and buy a brand new nitro truck it would be the Savage 5.9 for me. But that is just my preference. It has a roto start, high ground clearance, plenty of power and can run 20+ minutes on a tank. Just my $0.02 worth, Shaun

:D

1z3o6jn.jpg

Ahh how perdy. Nothing like a brand new beast! Too bad it won't stay that way. That's the only bad thing to running my cars is the cleaning after. I would follow Rolex advise on heat cycling that motor. That particular engine has some serious pinch. Heat gun is your best bet and keep it handy until you get atleast 10 tanks through it. I would suggest after you heat the motor up and run it after you shut it down roll the motor over until the piston is at the bottom stroke. I snapped a con rod breaking in my lrp engine because the piston got stuck at the top of the cylinder.