Some simple questions.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To make it work, you'd need a big block conversion and replacement half-shafts and CVDs. The VXL3 won't need them.
His was brushed, so he should already have the BB mount.

He only has around $125 to work with right now, but he is doing extra chores to get a few more bucks to spend on the project.
Check out the chop shops on eBay, he should be able to grab the vxl-3m setup and have some $$ leftover.

Well I scored him a freebie a Lepord 13.0R 3000KV brushless motor and lepord V2 ESC. They went right in, barley clears the rear shocks. For now I will let him borrow my IT4 radio and spare RX. The both of us want to play around with brushless and figure it all out before spending a bunch of money and destroying the motor or esc because we did not know what we were doing. I will be looking at lipo batts in the morning, shooting for a 2s 7.4v to start.
His wishlist includes better shocks, better springs, tie rods, rpm suspension arms, and the all important bling. LOL. Shaun and Little Jon

3000kV is about what the VXL comes with so it shouldn't be too bad. 2s LiPo ought to make you both grin.

Well I scored him a freebie a Lepord 13.0R 3000KV brushless motor and lepord V2 ESC. I will be looking at lipo batts in the morning, shooting for a 2s 7.4v to start.
Keep in mind though, that's a 1/10 system. You may want to try and set the ESC to "tune down" the low end power, or start building the drivetrain.
3000kV is about what the VXL comes with so it shouldn't be too bad. 2s LiPo ought to make you both grin.
The VXL uses a little 380 sized motor though, this one should have a bit more torque.

I ordered some batts for it today. Looking forward to finding out just what it will do. Little Jon would love to race it this winter in the open mini class. What wheelie bar to use? It had a traxxas one on it but the bolts both stripped out with the first wheelie he pulled with it stock so I am leery to use another one like that.

Try the center diff. The wheelie bars didn't help mine on 3s, but the diff did.

Back