lesson learned

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just thought I'd share an experience with you all . recently I have been rebuilding a basket case jato I picked up for $80 which on my local market is a score ,It was complete just need a lot of tlc .
so I set about ordering new parts as well as some choice upgrades ,ths exhaust losi carb and a lil bit of bling ect. when it came to the engine I was hoping it would be ok , I pulled down the trusty old 3.3 to find the bearings were shagged and the conrod had some nasty play on the big end . now I did have a brand spanker sitting here but I thought I should give the old one a chance first so I changed the bearings out for a better set I had and also changed the conrod for another with less wear. all good it still had decent compression so I sealed it up and continued the build.
yesterday was it maiden run ,after about 6 pulls it fired and was running ok idling a bit high but it would take off like a rocket ,however after a bit of fiddling I had her running sweet but i got interrupted and as I was backing off it stalled.
no problem ,ill restart and all good ,nope wouldn't fire and the pull start jammed so I had to pull her in .later on the bench I pulled the engine out and pulled it down and found the problem , the wrist pin clip had come off and gone through the engine completely destroying the p/s , guess I didn't check that properly......
so as it stands now I have the new 3.3 sitting in it waiting for break in , guess the moral of my story is check every stupid little thing twice because it will cost you in the end.

I've never heard of the brand "spanker". Must be an ozzy brand :p

Yeah that kind of stuff sucks and I'm convinced that sometimes it just happens no matter how careful or thorough you try to be. Still sucks though :(

haha they really need to come up with an aussie to yank conversion thingy lol I keep reading you guys referring to someone was as a 'dink' .
but yeh it sure did suck big time...

I used to game online with some aussies and some of the poop they used to say would crack me up. Well after they told me WTF they were talking about anyway hahahaha

You have to do that to keep warm there lol

Is "Ninja" one of them?

no its not, there are a fair few funny ones but thats not one of them, the google search was nothing like ending up in that part of youtube, that we shall never speak its name

england_wanker_by_yusacream-d3idecr.jpg

3q75a0.jpg

see what happens when you don't post for a few days lol
back on topic , I got a few tanks done on the new engine ,took a bit to get her settled with the 3.4 carb but its going good so far except for yet another traxxas tx dying in my arms.... I was working sweet for like an hour I turn it for some din dins went to switch it on again and doa.....

oh and a spanker here is a moron if you will....

Back