Go,Go Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this may sound like a "short yellow bus rider" question ... What will it take to get MIND BLOWING SPEED & pop the front tires off the ground (a lil bit) in a monster truck? What type of stroke engine is needed for this?

I know this may sound like a "short yellow bus rider" question ... What will it take to get MIND BLOWING SPEED & pop the front tires off the ground (a lil bit) in a monster truck? What type of stroke engine is needed for this?
I'd like to suggest that you stop posting with italics. It makes your post look like a quote and will be ignored by some.

The bore is the measurement of the diameter of the sleeve.

Popping the front tires off teh ground requires torque. Mind blowing top speed is the opposite of torque. the more top speed you have the less torque you will have on the bottom end. So in essence what you're looking for is a GF that drinks beer, loves to watch football, looks like Megan Fox, screws like Jenna Jameson, and waits on you hand and foot. LOL.

Honestly just put any .28 or higher LRP, Picco, or insert another known good brand here, engine in it and your good to go. If you want to pop the front tires off the ground put a set up tires on it that have a really aggressive tread pattern on it and that'll get the front end coming up. If you want more top speed put a bigger clutchbell, smaller spur gear, or both on it. :)

If you want something that is just stupid powerful buy a modded engine from Robin over at ERCM (or have him mod whatever one you bought before you break it in) and couple it with one of his pipes. It'll make a savage go 86MPH. :D

Maby i should've got the Lrp 30 (Using the Lrp .28 now) ? You got any videos of his work? In the meantime I'm waiting on my 17/21clutch assembly 48/52 spur set up......VERY INTERESTED.......
Popping the front tires off teh ground requires torque. Mind blowing top speed is the opposite of torque. the more top speed you have the less torque you will have on the bottom end. So in essence what you're looking for is a GF that drinks beer, loves to watch football, looks like Megan Fox, screws like Jenna Jameson, and waits on you hand and foot. LOL.

Honestly just put any .28 or higher LRP, Picco, or insert another known good brand here, engine in it and your good to go. If you want to pop the front tires off the ground put a set up tires on it that have a really aggressive tread pattern on it and that'll get the front end coming up. If you want more top speed put a bigger clutchbell, smaller spur gear, or both on it. :)

If you want something that is just stupid powerful buy a modded engine from Robin over at ERCM (or have him mod whatever one you bought before you break it in) and couple it with one of his pipes. It'll make a savage go 86MPH. :D

I wasn't talking that fast..... WOW !!! What engine was that? Now i could use something like that in my on road project I'm getting ready to start...... That can't be good for your motor. ..... How do i get in touch with this "Mad Scientist " ? Lol......

That particular motor I believe was a Picco .28 (dunno the exact model) that Robin modded plus he had one of Robin's custom pipes on it as well. Your onroad wont need an engine that big but the best thing to do would be to talk to Robin either through the forum link that hamz posted above or through his website and see what he recommends for an engine that is affordable and that is also highly mod-able. Some engines see greater gains than others from mods.

So in essence what you're looking for is a GF that drinks beer, loves to watch football, looks like Megan Fox, screws like Jenna Jameson, and waits on you hand and foot. LOL.

Honestly, I don't think that's too much to ask. :D

You wouldnt think but unless you look like Brad Pitt, have Hugh Hefners money, and get lucky enough to win the lottery then you might as well be looking for a unicorn :p

Ok here we go i never bought a starter box before. ..... My brother say get a sued one i say no !!!! We'll come back to that, I'm going with a "Arrow GTR Plus" for my on road project. .... I haven't decided which car yet it's between "Kyosho Inferno GT2 (Race Spec) ....The "Ofna X3 GT" or the "Serpent Cobra GT" ...... I DON'T want to do more wrenching than driving! !!!!! I'm leaving to you guys to help me pick which one i should go with. ....... need ANY information on these cars GOOD & BAD to be shared please. .. I want to do this one time & one time only.... Remember fellas this is my first on road car so please take that into consideration. .......Now back to my "Dominating Dominator" I was happy with my Hyper. 21(8 port) ..... It seems like it just fell off one day, i took it to this guys track where he had 6 feet jumps high bank turns the work's. .....The pipe fell off on a landing. Put it back on no bigg......Shortly after the motor lost its ump, i took it to my LHS & they tested the compression on it & said i had good compression on it ......I've ONLY ran about a gallon & maybe close to a half in it...... The only thing i can think to do is to rebuild it & maby put it in my "Land Maxx" one day. ... I want my truck to become a member of the "70 MPH club"....... I'm now waiting on my 48/52 sour gears with my 17/21clutch bell. ...... I plan on mixing that with a modified LRP .30 X Competition motor. .. I don't get you guys pipe yet, i got a lot on my plate right now what do you guys think?

My goal is to totally "Dominate" my trash talking never turned a screw "Jatto" driving cousin! !!!!.....

Last edited:
Kyosho, Ofna, Serpent, those are all good brands. Try the search function on the RCNT site ^
You'll find every thread created for each of the cars you're asking about dating several years back
You can also narrow down your choice by checking parts availability on ebay.
Even if you don't buy your parts from ebay, you can get a feel for the popularity of a given brand by the parts available for it.

As far as speed goes, its all about proper gearing and power to weight ratio. Put you're truck on a diet and it will scoot.:thumbs-up:.

No, only the people who know something about it can tell you about it. hahaha I kid I kid. :p Sorry I'm not familair with that engine.

Can i use a motor like this id a GT8 car ? Is that a bad ideal or a good one ? Somebody tell me something please. ..

OS describes this engine as being for 1/8 scale on-road cars so Id say if a GT8 is a 1/8 scale on raod car and it fits in the kit then you could definitely use it.

Dose anyone know anything about the O.S. .21 XZ R VII engine or knows anyone that has this engine, any information would be helpful. ...