My T maxx is not moving!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvjv2009

The dork that asks all the stupid questions...
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So here is the deal. I burned the spur gear up because I had not enough gear lash. It burned the center of the spur gear clean out... and the outer teeth... any way I replaced the spur gear. Did not get to try it out the other night because the pull string spring broke.. I replaced it with a tiger drive kit... I think i'm gonna like! I put it all back together and started it and it flinches but does not move. I do believe that I put all the stuff back on for the slipper clutch... Could I have broke something in the trans?? It makes a squeal as I try to make it move, but I even tightened the nut and completely squished the spring and I know that is too tight... Total newbee if you can't tell... Open for suggestions..

the heat from the burn up of the spur could have caused excessive heat and damaged the clutch shoes.

If you're talking about the clutcch shoes on the engine side.. no I shut it down as soon as I heard it break. I had it apart and it looks fine.

I'm not to familiar with the internals of the TMAXX so I will bow out now LOL

No, Thanks for the suggestion. I figured it out... feel like an idiot. The new spur gear from traxxas did not come with friction pegs. Since the old gear was a melted mess, I had no clue it had those pegs. I looked it up on e bay and saw the ne gear with the pegs installed and quickly kicked myself. 21 bucks of stupid tax paid....

By the way, the stock spur used to have 6, so when you upgrade go with 12.
ok, The parts I ordered showed that the gear has 12 holes that the pegs can go in... It showed that it will come with 6 pegs to go into those 12 holes.. So you are saying to order another set of pegs and use all 12 holes and pegs, correct??

1 packet of pegs comes with 12 pegs , while you are there I would recommend replacing the spring and nut to save any hassles down the road
4685-pegs
1994-spring
1747-nut

1 packet of pegs comes with 12 pegs , while you are there I would recommend replacing the spring and nut to save any hassles down the road
4685-pegs
1994-spring
1747-nut
Ok
4685-pegs
1994-spring
1747-nut

I ordered a kit last night that had everything. Gear spring bushing plates ectm but it only showed 6 friction pegs. I ordered a dozen more pegs before hitting the road this morning. I will not be back in until saturday night, so everything should be there when I get back! It will be gettin a beatdown on Sunday!

Last edited: