Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't currently have a GT2 Race Spec but I did race one for 3 years and prior to that I had a GT1 from Kyosho. I would still be racing the GT2 but on-road racing in the Atlanta area is now non-existent. I ended up having to go off-road racing.

I really liked the GT2 car. We raced with strict rules that did only allowed a short list of modifications in order to keep cost low. The racing was really close and the cost were very low. It was a lot of fun.

Lee

What were your dis llikes & likes about your Kyosho Inferno GT2?

The factory brakes tend to fade when they get hot. All that has to be done to correct this is to change the pads to the ifw330 pad. The cars are really strong and hard to break and they handle good too.

Tell me more every little detail please. .... They say it costs too much. .... I say it's a deal considering the fact i paid. $450.00 for my Land Maxx (no radio no upgrades) ...

The Kyosho GT2 was the least expensive RC race car that I ever owned. The kit price was low, the car is really tough and hard to break, and the repair parts are inexpensive. The weak points are that the servos are only OK at best and once mine failed I put in some decent servos. My car came with the GXR .28 engine which is not as good as the KE 25 that the cars currently come with and when the motor finally failed I replaced it with a LRP.28 which really increased the performance of the car a lot (our rules stated that all engines had to have a street price of less than $200).

I was actually racing this car in a GT class on a permanent RC on-road track. I ran the GT1 for about a year and then when the GT2 came out I switched over to it and ran the GT2 for 3 years before on-road RC racing simply went away in my area (I now run nitro off-road). We were racing every 2 weeks so my car got a lot of track time and I was very pleased with the handling and performance. We had strict rules regarding what upgrade were allowed so my car was very stock except for the servos, engine and the ifw330 brake pads (to overcome brake fade).

Prior to running GT cars I had run 1/8 open class cars for over 20 years. These cars were extremely fast and very expensive to race due to the high tire cost and need to replace engines. The 1/8 cars would make 14 second laps on our track and the GT class cars were in the 18 second range so the GT cars were a lot slower but the racing was super close in GT and we all really enjoyed it while it lasted. I would get another one if on-road racing would start back up in my area.

Lee

The Inferno Name has been around since the Dawn of time and has been Kyosho's Nitro toy of Choice for about the same. They have been constantly evolved into even better machines than they were to start with. The lower spec versions are strong and powerful enough to take racing and there have always been companies that have made upgrades. The top end versions Have won World Championships. The Inferno is an awesome RC car that would suit beginner or seasoned racer alike and the variety of cars that can be made off that one platform will keep it interesting no matter what you want to try be it On Road or Truggy.. ya can't go wrong!!

ur ok with kyosho carz just get it u no wassup bro stay away from redcat hsp crap pisse me off, gude your asking irts to meny mens buy junk and asjk later ya good idea . u would by a used car with no test drive no?

ur ok with kyosho carz just get it u no wassup bro stay away from redcat hsp crap pisse me off, gude your asking irts to meny mens buy junk and asjk later ya good idea . u would by a used car with no test drive no?

I'll be back. I've run out of Aspirin. Maybe I should call a cab. My head hurts much too bad to drive at night.

I raced the Kyosho GT and GT2 for a number of years and the Kyosho GT2 needs sway bars in order to get the optimum handling. The part #s are if117 for the rear and ifw104 for the front. The total cost to add sway bars is about $16.00.

The other thing that I found that really helped handing for this car is the M2C front anti-dive kit http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=553&categoryId=82 . The GT2 is built with a lot of caster in the front. This jacks weight into the inside front tire when the car is turning. This jacking causes the rear inside tire to be lifted off the ground making the car loose from the middle of the turn to the exit. The M2C front anti-dive kit has different inserts that can be put into the A block (the one at the very front of the car) so that you can minimize the amount of total caster which makes the car have better corner entry with much better rear traction from the center of the turn out. I ran either the 3 dot or 2 dot down inserts in the A block. This M2C anti dive kit is the best performance upgrade available for the GT2 in my opinion.

Lee
Can anyone tell me why no sway bars on the Kyosho race spec ?

Do all 1:8 GT cars need some sort anti dive kit ?

Last edited:
Back