Coming Back With a Quality ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Mornin All,

Been outta the hobby for a while to persue some other hobbies and have been getting the itch to get back into RC. Recently purchased a beaten E Maxx for a winter project that will revolve around a "budget" of sorts. I understand I'm always better off going with the Castles or Tekins of the world but I was searching for opinions on HobbyKing/Turnigy electronics like this - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...f_1_8_Brushless_Power_System_1900KV_120A.html I'm curious if anyone has run their electronics and how/what the quality was? Freeing up the extra $200 would allow upgrades to other components on the rig. Thanx for any input and I'm glad to be back!!

I havent had a trackstar system but i have had a a turnigy system. It was ok. My preference for budget systems though is probably tenshock motors and Hobbywing ESCs. Assuming that Tenshock is still around...been a couple/three years since I bought one.

I posted this on other forums and Hobbywing keeps coming back as a good budget friendly system. Never heard of Tenshock but I'll see if they are still around.

Hey welcome back man, been a while! I looked at that same Track Star system not long ago but didn't pull the trigger on it. If you decide to try it please make a review thread on it!

What ever happen to the narrow Clod bodied project?

Tenshocks are beast mode. Jang from URC has a couple of reviews on his youtube channel. I bought a 1/10 scale one based on his review and I agree with his review 100% Theyre power hungry little buggers, make sure you have an ESC that has a sufficient max amp rating. :)

I havent tried their 1/8 scale motors yet but jangs review if i remember correctly said their 2100kv was very comparible to the Castle 2200kv.
check out this link...This is their X802 V2. They have a sensored version too I believe its the X812 V2.
http://www.tenshock.com/product/show_product.php?id=438

Thank for the link greywolf. I'll look at giving it a shot if I can locate 1. Found some on eBay. Gonna have to research a bit. 6 pole sounds quite interesting

Smaxxin - like most of my projects I built the heck out of it, drove it for 2-3 days and tore it down to build something else. All honesty it was waayy top heavy and a poor performer. Currently working on a MOG with portals I hope to have pics up for once completed. My fab skills have improved dramatically so we will see what happens

I'm currently running a hobbywing SCT ESC with a trackstar sensored motor. Absolutely no cogging, and very very fast on 4s. This is in an 8th scale buggy. Finally testing on the track this Friday.

Back