can anyone id this r/c nitro for me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krugerw357

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Pic0084.jpg
Pic0090.jpg

Traxxas rustler with a .15 motor. Older version. That's what it looks like to me.

i have been asking for about 3 months and no one can agree what it is.

I guess i just never asked in the right place:rolleyes:

It's 100% a older model traxxas rustler .15 motor. Great car. I love my rustler. I have a 3.3 on mine and it's a beast. I use mine as my basher.

What would I have to upgrade to put the 3.3 in this. I need one for my T-Maxx anyway, So I might as well buy two

Last edited:
Hate to rain on your parade fellas but I believe it is a Nitro SPORT. The center mounted steering servo gives it away Also looks to have a plastic lower chassis plate.

Hate to rain on your parade fellas but I believe it is a Nitro SPORT. The center mounted steering servo gives it away Also looks to have a plastic lower chassis plate.
The back half of the chassis is metal ( I believe an upgraded) the front half is plastic

I agree with racer Looks like the nitro sport to me

Sport not rustler. You are correct guys. Same car really. I'm not sure about the sport but to upgrade a rustler to a 3.3 you don't have to do anything special. I don't think there's much difference in the two.

The pro .15 and the 3.3 will use the same engine mount but the .15 has a rotary carb and the 3.3 has a slide carb, you're going to have to modify the throttle linkage to work. I don't remember the exact parts that are needed but I remember it being pretty easy and quick.

Lol, I just spent like 15 minutes replying to the other thread and here i see everyones already answered it.

Lol, I just spent like 15 minutes replying to the other thread and here i see everyones already answered it.

Thank you for responding and the pic helped alot. sorry you put all that time in the introduction post. I didn't see were else I could put it tell later. It's about time I have a real name for it know. I have had it called about 10 different names and none of the pics ever looked like it. But what do I know compared to people that supposedly been doing this there whole life.

I will be getting this in a few. Thank you to everyone that has helped me.