Go,Go Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the difference between a off road nitro eagine & a on road engine nitro ?

Power curve. Offload will have more low end power, off the line punch. Onroad should have a smoother power and towards the upper rpm range.

You left your pants at home again. That's why there aren't any attached "flies."

Oh FILES... I thought @Rolex said "FLIES" and everyone knows he wears no pants so he can't be wearing a fly...

Can someone explain engine stroke to me? What is the difference between long stroke & short stroke? Which is better ? Please tell.....

fig_1_27.jpg

The stroke is the distance traveled by the piston in the sleeve. A long stroke produce torque. A shorter stroke produces higher revs.

Oh ok.... So correct me if i'm wrong. .....Big block motors are long strokes & small blocks are short strokes?

Ok ...... What's a squared stroke? I saw a "OPS .21 NEXT " it's been factory modifed with this squared stroke.... What is that? (On road motor)

Last edited:
The bore and stroke are equal in a "square" motor.