Dremel 3D printer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
dremel-3d-printer.jpg

Many of us use Dremel rotary tools while building a new RC kit, doing repairs, or building a custom one off RC. Well now Dremel is adding another tool to their product line that will allow us to MAKE our own RC parts, the Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printer!

The Dremel Idea Builder 3D printer features full color touch screen, enclosed work area for reduced noise and printing protection, as well as active cooling to prevent your objects from warping while they are being printed...

Click to continue

All you need is the appropriate materiel...

If it will make RPM quality parts Id want one :)
Just like @hamz9561 said it all depends on the material you use. A while back I posted some pictures on the RCNT facebook (and here maybe?) about a 3D printer that was brought into the LHS. The had material to print different plastics, nylons, and even a carbon fiber type material.

For a product to have the dremel name on it, its gotta be pretty good quality. Reading up on it, $1k doesn't really seem too bad.

the whole 3d printer thing is really becoming quite popular...I remember just a few short years ago one of the labs where i work got a 3d printer. I had never heard of a 3d printer back then...we used to marvel at being able to print a 3d chain and simple crap like that. Now theyre only a couple years away from people being able to go to down best buy and pick one up for for a couple hundred bucks. Its an amazing technology!

I see a metal printer in the near future. Will be a much bigger platform, but i see it.

Best Buy carries them? If so, I have to go see them in person. A 3D scanner, for duplicating pieces is about $700.

It seems the Dremel partnered up with FlashForge to build the printer and Autodesk for the software. The 3D printer seems similar to the FlashForge Dreamer 3D printer which runs about $1,300. So the $999 price tag seems to actually be a good deal without many corner cut. Great to see a big name like Dremel enter this market and hopefully bring more competition and innovation.

Rumor has it Dremel might be planning on a CNC router or mill in 2015. We'll see!

It seems the Dremel partnered up with FlashForge to build the printer and Autodesk for the software. The 3D printer seems similar to the FlashForge Dreamer 3D printer which runs about $1,300. So the $999 price tag seems to actually be a good deal without many corner cut. Great to see a big name like Dremel enter this market and hopefully bring more competition and innovation.

Rumor has it Dremel might be planning on a CNC router or mill in 2015. We'll see!
Thats cool WoodiE...Dremel seems like theyre trying to being stuff more in the direction of your average hobbyists garage where it wasn't feasible before :)

they said the release date was somewhere between now and April 2045 :p

Back