Fibre glass body repair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huggybear87

RCTalk Racer
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is it possible to use a fibre glass repair kit to patch/strengthen an rc body or would the resin eat at the plastics?

You use Shoe Goo and drywall tape to fix cracks and reinforce weak areas. (I just bought some yesterday.) I think fiberglass will not work because it will not flex and will crack and probably come off. And I don't know if fiberglass will adhere to the surface because it's painted. You can get Shoe Goo at the hardware or Walmarts for about $5 and drywall tape anywhere that sells building supplies. And if you can, do it outside because this stuff is going to stink for days!
This video shows the guy reinforcing the whole body. I just mainly use it on cracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS is what you want, drywall MESH tape. It's fiberglass strand with a sticky back. It's flexible and extremely strong. Backed with Shoo Goo you have a permanent repair.
You might even consider using it on your truck corners BEFORE running it to give it more strength in case of accident.

THIS is what you want, drywall MESH tape. It's fiberglass strand with a sticky back. It's flexible and extremely strong. Backed with Shoo Goo you have a permanent repair.
You might even consider using it on your truck corners BEFORE running it to give it more strength in case of accident.

Thank you for correctly stating "mesh". I should have thought of that.

Sorry, I forgot to include the pic in my above post. This is what you want.

5693-glass-mesh-drywall-tape-1.jpg

Again thanks heaps guys

---------- Post added at 4:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:08 AM ----------

Sorry, I forgot to include the pic in my above post. This is what you want.

5693-glass-mesh-drywall-tape-1.jpg

There's a roll visible on the thumb nail for the YouTube vid

I saw the roll, there, but it looked like the paper tape. If you look by his left hand you can see that it's the mesh.

Has anyone tried hurricane tape for this? My local part shop has it hanging on the wall, and I was thinking on giving it a try.