Blade 350 QX2 - it has arrived!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the main problem with the plastic fuselage vs the CF spider-looking ones IMO. I'm surprised that it just stopped flying when it lost the GPS signal.

I'm surprised that it just stopped flying when it lost the GPS signal.
It didn't stop flying. When GPS lock is lost it goes into Stability Mode. Stability Mode doesn't have Stick Relativity which means when I thought it was bringing it back to me it was going away from me. Throttle also becomes proportional and I must say the quad is MUCH faster when it's out of Smart Mode.

I nearly had it down when my controls became backwards (loss of stick relativity) so instead of smacking into the side of the house I tried to give it a little more throttle to which it moved much quicker, cleared the house and then I just tried to bring it down as quick as I could. It didn't hit the side of the house but skidded across the entire length of the roof then off on the other side. :D

Ouch. I've done similar things with my mQX by not climbing enough and smacking the next apartment building to mine.

Skidding down the roof to the ground is WAY better than a direct shot to the house. Painful as it is, the damage is relatively minor.
I'd say you really lucked out.

Skidding down the roof to the ground is WAY better than a direct shot to the house. Painful as it is, the damage is relatively minor.
I'd say you really lucked out.
A little CA and some epoxy and it looks like it's going to hold. Letting it cure over night and will work on putting it all back together tomorrow morning. Not the prettiest but I think it's going to work.

Woodie,read up on this http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/kp_3d.html, people have been researching fly aways involved with loosing GPS lock on these quads, and come to the conclusion that the higher the K index is, the higher the risk of GPS loss and fly aways.i always try to check it before i go out and haven't had any problems.

Last edited:
Well it only took more than a week but finally got a reply.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department.
*Please do not respond to this email* This email address is not monitored. Please use our inquiry form for any further correspondence.

We have not had any issues with the battery or charger. Its possible the battery has been over discharged. I recommend checking the battery voltage to make sure it is above 3v per cell. The three main things that shorten LiPo battery life are over-discharging, improper storage and inadequate balancing.

A lipo Battery has a nominal voltage of 3.7v per cell and a full charge voltage of 4.2v. Each cell is fully depleted at 3.0v and any voltage reading below 3.0v the battery is considered over depleted. You can check the individual cell voltage by using a volt meter and connecting the probes to the balance lead in the first 2 holes for the 1st cell, the 2nd and 3rd holes for the 2nd cell and the 3rd and 4th holes for the 3rd cell and so on.

Batteries can be over discharged when left on the charger past the recommended charge time, even if the charger says that it has a trickler charge. Leaving the battery connected the the ESC (connected to heli, plane or car) past its run will over discharge the battery. Once a Lipo battery has been over discharged, it cannot be recharged and attempting to do so is unsafe and can result in fire and/or injury or property damage.

When storing Lipo batteries, keep them in a cool dry place. They will lose voltage at approximately .1v per month. It is important to store them at a nominal voltage of 3.7v and check voltage on the batteries once every 3 months to avoid over discharging the cells.

Balancing is required however on any RC LiPo battery pack that has more than one cell since the charger can't identify from different cells and know if one might be overcharged even though the total voltage of the pack indicates otherwise.

For more information: http://www.rcheliwiki.com/LiPo ; http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

To reply to this e-mail or to place another Horizon Hobby Support Inquiry, please visit our inquiry form. If you are referencing a past request, please include the following ticket number when prompted: XXX,XXX

Our phone staff is available at 1-877-504-0233, Monday through Friday, 8am-7pm CST, Saturday 8-5pm CST and Sunday Noon-5PM CST.

Thank you for your inquiry and your support,
Nick

You gotta call em...I always get good results when I call compared to submitting a help request...and make sure you leave your number and have them call you back when its your turn or youll be on hold forever. Just explain to them that you noe what your doing with lipos and your not some noob and they should take care of it.

well i posted the heli up for trade and got an offer of an almost new KM T1000 desert truck with a 30.5 motor, hoping to pick up this weekend, didnt get alot for my birthday yesterday but this should make up for it, i missed my 1/5 the minute i sold it, time to break out the 1/5 stand again hopefully:)