1/10 Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to remove the esc and motor when I found a loose wire in the rx box, turns out the esc is not burnt! Too bad I already ordered a new esc and motor.

It's breaking parts with the brushed setup, I can't wait to see how fast I can break things once the brushless system is installed!

I shudder to think...so you going with a Castle 2200kv on 6S then?! lol

I tore the diff apart yesterday and found a bearing was decentergrated. I scored a new diff, new knuckles with bearings for all four corners and spare a arms.

I shudder to think...so you going with a Castle 2200kv on 6S then?! lol

I think I can test its durability on 4s.....for now

New rear diff installed, slipper loosened a little, replaced the old am radio with a TQI 4ch, Sidewinder 8th installed with stock gearing.......its got some nice power and speed now!

I got a couple of full runs on it today....It's Awesome! Theres nothing like the snap of a brushless system and to have it in a truck this size puts a grin on my face the whole time I'm driving. I have read a lot of peoples concerns about the Sidewinder 8th esc only being 90a and the Summit being heavy but for my set up it works great. After 25 minutes of WOT running in high gear mostly on grass the motor temp was 128, the esc was 94, the batteries were 96 and were sitting at 7.4v each. My Summit weighs 10.9 lbs without the batteries, stock gearing on 4s. I don't have anything to crawl on at home but I messed around on my front step and it has very close to no cogging, I climbed the step as slow as I could and it walked up no problem, nowhere as good as brushed or sensored but the best I have seen from a non sensored system.
IMO this set up on 6s would be a race to see if the driveline blows up before the system gets hot....that doesn't mean I won't try it eventually :D

I'll try to get a video when my son is around to record but here a few pics for now.

combo8_zps67ab40d6.jpg

gyukkkk_zpse26b5b6d.jpg

8thcombo_zps9377aa90.jpg

looks like the new 2200kvs dont have the old ridged can anymore. i bet that thing is beast with that set up! :)

This is not the same 2200 that comes with the MM combo, it's labeled as the 1515b the included with the MM is a 1515. There's a lot of speculation about the difference but the only thing I can find is what you noticed right away...no ridges.

Oh? a 1515b? I hadnt heard of that! is it the same length weight etc that the original 1515 is? I'm wondering if the only rel difference is the ESC. I had not heard of teh Castle 8th until now.

Last edited:
The can is the only difference, it's the same size and has the same internals, I didn't weigh it but I would guess that the 1515b is slightly lighter because of the can being thinner. The big difference is the esc which has 90a amp compared to 120a from the MM2, another difference is that the bec is not programmable.

I just adjusted the brake % because I was doing endo's every time I tried to slow down and while I had it plugged up I noticed that the punch control was set at 50% so I made the proper adjustments right down to 0 :cool:

The body was in almost perfect condition before today, it won't last long lol
rcntrep_zps94b5d345.jpg

lol nice! at $100 bucks cheaper than its big brother I bet this is Castles way of competing with the Chinese stuff! This is a much needed offering from Castle. It fills a rather large void between their 1/10 scale stuff and the super high end MMM/2200.

I was trying to make a video and broke it LOL. I flipped it almost immediately so I locked the diffs and pinned the throttle to get it back on it's wheels...Bad idea! It did make it onto it's wheels but as soon as I hit the throttle I could tell something was slipping

IMG_2027_zps242f5efc.jpg

Quick video that led to the broken shaft

Back