rc nitro airplanes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
iv decided to give up rebuilding my old car and thought about an airplane. so I'm in need of advice of were to start and which would be best to buy as I'm gunna buy new not build one. any help would be greatfull thanks :)

Right here...

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/greatplanes/gpma1605_bn.html

A great plane right out of the box and able to be upgraded as you go.

gpma1605_550.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend starting with a cheap electric EP foam trainer unless you've flown before. Much cheaper when the inevitable happens, and you can always upgrade down the road should you decide flying is your thing. Just remember, whereas you can crash cars over and over and keep repairing, balsa wood aircraft are generally toast with one big crash, and aircraft usually don't have small crashes or you wouldn't hear so much about it on the news. :D

and which trainer plane is best to buy as iv never flown before and how much are they roughly

I stand corrected. Sorry, but when I started flying there was no such thing as electric so naturally I automatically think of the nitro planes.
I'm in total agreement that you can start out a lot cheaper and more survivable with electrics till you find out if you enjoy it enough to step up.

I have 14 helis, and the biggest one is nitro and that's the one I learned on. ALL the rest are electric. Batteries and motors have come a long way.

My LHS recommended the ARES Gamma 370 as a trainer when I was last in. It's a high-wing trainer than can be upgraded from 3-channel (Throttle, Rudder Elevator) to a 4-channel (adds Ailerons) and brushless. There's even a brushless upgrade for it. With all of the upgrades I paid about $100 for an RX-Ready model.

In the hobby shops I don't see much in the way of nitro planes anymore but it can depend on the depth of your wallet if you want to go nitro.
Most will carry something like the Hobby Zone line of electric planes which are great for beginning flyers. Most of them will take a good beating that a new flyer will give them and keep on flying. What's nice also is that usually everything is in the box that you'll need including batteries and a charger.

I started out wit hanger 9 alpha 40 traner very easy to fly rember turn back stick correct really easy / I also have hanger 9 funtana 125g with gasser engine next plane I want to master

What did you wind up getting?

Back