TQi TX no light of death?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarCraft

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so had the revo out for a bit a good half hr or so, pinched the line to take a smoke break, turned off the rX ad the Tx. well after about 10-15 mins went to turn on the Tx and had no light at all.... strange so i changed the batteries to brand new duracell's. went to turn on and again no light at all, not red not green just nothing. called traxxas and the guy said to mail it in with a original purchase receipt which the truck is less then 30 days old and it will be covered under warranty.

well my thing is its going to be probably about a month before i get it back, has anyone else had similar issues? how did you fix it? should i try to fix it? can i use another Tx that is compatible with my current Rx? and about a week ago my reverse servo completely stopped working was this a pre cursor to this? i wasn't worried about the reverse as i have a FOC now.

So i guess i posted a bit preemptively i jsut got off the phone with traxxas again and asked the same questions. the guy said it is in fact no light of death caused by a bug in the software. i asked how it happenes and he says if you have the tx ad rx linked with the blue tooth link and the iphone either loses connection to the internet or starts a update and the blue tooth or tx and rx lose connection or get interference it causes the software to crash and need to be reflashed. he said they are aware of the issue and to just send it all in, he emailed me a RMA (return merchandise authorization form) and a shipping label to have it all sent in and repaired for free. i will have to foot the bill for shipping and can use what i want for shipping. i will more then likely get something around the 3 day mark to get it to them as it takes them about 7-9 days to get something sent back not including repair time etc etc. ill keep the thread updated until i get it back and out running again.

Last edited:
Never been a real fan of Traxxas radios. I've never had a problem with my Spektrum's and their reliability has been good for me. I'm glad that they're taking care of you at least.

I think its crappy that they make you pay for shipping for a defective item that sunder warranty...I do not like purchasing items from companies like that...Toshiba does that crap too...well Toshiba isnt getting any more of my money either!

i would more then likely upgrade if it has been longer then it has, paying for the 2 day shipping (18.00) USPS flat rate is way easyier to talk the wife into then a 150-200 for a good tx rx combo. keep in mind i had to call in a second time to get a shipping label and RMA, are they taking care of it? ehhh i guess but its a known issue so why not even make a small disclosure about it in the instructions or hey what about fixing it? read many MANY threads on a diff site that had the same problem, some were DOA.

i guess if your hung up on the iphone telemetry then you dont have much choice...If it wasn't for that Id say just get a GT3B and be done with it until you could afford something better. IDK...I guess I'm just hung up on the fact that they are making you pay to get get a faulty item fixed...They should cover that IMO.

That's why I like the Spektrum radios. on the DX3s/4s telemetry is included. Just add the RX and sensors.

Did they ever get the telemetry to be very accurate...I know a couple years ago when they stuff first started coming out it wasn't all that accurate. I never even cared for it...the only thing it does that I even care about is motor temp and its not that hard to use my temp gun.

I only used the temp and RX voltage which were both fairly accurate for me.

I had a similar problem a while back the tx told me it needed a firmware update I did it and everything died ,emailed traxxas and it was going to cost me over $100 to get a $50 tx replaced ,if they know there is a problem they need to fix it and stop charging us for the privledge for their cock up

I love my Spektrum radio, even though it's only a DX3C that small screen helps so much with selecting all my settings. The first thing I ever had to do was reverse the steering servo, well when I realized how easy it was to do I knew I was going to love this radio.
I personally believe this is a huge upgrade over stock rtr radio systems, and can be had for under $100 now, but I pretty sure its been discontinued which is okay with me as you can still get receivers. That and I have no interest in this AVC stuff.

The DX3c was replaced by the DX4c for about the same price.

Congrats. The DX6i is a solid radio and I've never had a problem with mine.

I want to get the Blade 120Sr I believe but I didnt want the crappy RTF TX so I got this so I could just buy the BNF version :)

well got the Tx and Rx back today from traxxas, didnt cost me anything except to ship it there....... to speed things up without breaking the bank i did the 2 day air through UPS. After they checked it they sent it back to me ups ground, took 3 days from TX to OH. Everything was packaged well and sealed, i did have to bind the Tx to the Rx but took only a few seconds and all is fine again..... for now...... i did not put the bluetooth into the Tx as i just want to avoid this issue all together from ever happening again. down the road might get a better Rx Tx combo with tele but for now what i have works and ill jsut use a temp gun from now on. but theres my update as promised ^^ roughly 10 days from the initial call to traxxas till a replacement was at my door. (already had a RMA number when i shipped it in)

Back