Revo 3.3 issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Good morning everyone. I have a Revo 3.3 that is driving me crazy. The engine is broken in. It has about 1 gallon of 30% through it. The issue is I start it up once and it runs fine. The next time I start it up 10 or 15 minutes later it's super rich or super lean. I followed the nitro troubleshooting and Tuning chart to the letter. The motor has been sealed. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Did you put some Green Slime on the needle O-rings?

Green Slime is a product from Associated that is to help prevent leaks around O-rings. I use it on both needles and on my shocks to prevent leaks. You might also check the fuel lines and the old Revo culprit, the fuel cap gasket.

just so that i make sure i am understanding correctly, the engine is sealed has had about 1 gallon through it and it recently started to have a erratic performance? does it not hold a tune? does it seem the HSN doesn't change anything? have you tried going from factory settings? in this order i would check the air filter intake tube (the onne that goes over the spur and sets ontop of the servo box. take it off and gently squeeze it around the base and look for holes, if no holes i would take a very close look at the carb, i would keep it attached to the engine since you have everything sealed and check for any cracks that may be on the carb.

just so that i make sure i am understanding correctly, the engine is sealed has had about 1 gallon through it and it recently started to have a erratic performance? does it not hold a tune? does it seem the HSN doesn't change anything? have you tried going from factory settings? in this order i would check the air filter intake tube (the onne that goes over the spur and sets ontop of the servo box. take it off and gently squeeze it around the base and look for holes, if no holes i would take a very close look at the carb, i would keep it attached to the engine since you have everything sealed and check for any cracks that may be on the carb.
That is correct. The motor has been sealed and has about 1 gallon through it. The high speed needle doesn't seem to have any effect. I have went back to factory settings about 3 times now. The truck is fairly new. I will check the air filter. I have changed the fuel lines twice. I tested the tank for leaks. I will check the carb for cracks as well. I have a spare 3.3. I might just switch them out and see what happens.

When you sealed the engine was it because you were having the same issues before the seal and you mentioned that you changedthe fuel llines twice with only a gallon through it just curious what promoted the fuel line change

if everything checks ok I would be looking at the bearings is the front one leaking and is there excessive end play when the crank is installed?

if everything checks ok I would be looking at the bearings is the front one leaking and is there excessive end play when the crank is installed?
I will check for end play.

When you sealed the engine was it because you were having the same issues before the seal and you mentioned that you changedthe fuel llines twice with only a gallon through it just curious what promoted the fuel line change
I always seal my engines before I break them in. The reason I changed fuel lines because the motor was running bad. I thought there might of been a pin hole.

check the engine bearings, if nothing else is suspect you could have bad bearings ,I had a 3.3 some time ago with a similar story I couldn't work it out so I pulled the engine down because I was going to rebuild it I was that po'd with it only to find the rear bearing come out in pieces I chop shoped a new block with bearings and waited the standard 2-3 weeks for shipping put it back together and it was sweet put another 4 litres through it before I sold the truck, its worth a look...

Back