Trouble shooting traxxas vlx 3s esc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stirling762

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know of a way I can trouble shoot my vlx 3s to determine if it's ok? Seems to be very glitchy in the throttle? it's not the servo and I have installed a glitch buster....

Thanks

You really need other spare parts to properly troubleshoot something like that. The only things that I can think of right off that you could try that dotn require spare parts would be making sure all batteries are not getting to low, try rebinding your TX an RX if thats an option, and recalibrate your ESC. everything else I can think of would require swapping out suspect parts for known good ones and see that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the info!.....How do you recalibrate the esc?

Appreciate it! I'll give it a try. I didn't know that was even possible to do.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the calibration advise!!! I checked it before I set the profile then calibrated it to factory directions and the led started lighting up on 100 percent throttle, which it wouldn't do before. I'm waiting on some water proof grease to finish rebuilding my trans with all metal gears before I can let'er rip!

Grease and water don't mix well when its stirred together. However there are some greases on the market which tend to fair better then others at not binding with water. I've seen this first hand on industrial bearings that weigh in at 100#'s each which are run in the outdoors through all weather extremes.

:rolleyes: Opps my bad......I gotta stop taking this rc stuff so serious!!!! lol