nitro mt without engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjoseph

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
do they sell nitro mt trucks without the engine? the nitro engine would be purchased seperately, the only one i was able to find was a discontinued hpi savage one.
thanks

The HPI Savage X SS kit that you mentioned is the only thing that comes to mind. There are several buggies and truggies that come in kit form without an engine but not monster trucks. if you have a particular monster truck model in mind you might be able to find a new roller on eBay.

The HPI Savage X SS kit that you mentioned is the only thing that comes to mind.
Actually I dont believe you can get an X SS without an engine? At least I've never seen come without all the parts you'd find on a RTR. I think the only reason they call it a "kit" is because it doesn't come pre-assembled.

I wonder why they would discontiue that. It seems like there would be some market for it and since they still make the X SS it doesn't seem like they would be put out much to do it. How long has this been discontinued cuz I dont remember seeing this model 4 or 5 years ago when I bought my X SS.

On that note however you could always do what i did and just buy the MT and sell the new engine on ebay or here in the forums...I got about $117 (if I rememebr correctly) for mine.