Styrene?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Gents, I need to take a small section out of the floor of this:

Da Tray.
This tray is designed to add additional cargo room to the back of the wraith. When used with Da Cover and weather seal tape, anyone can create a watertight rear electronics box. The tracy is made of very thick .062 plastic so its made to last.

1367215556.png

But, then I also need to patch up the section I took out....it's a clearance issue, for a cross brace.
Anyway I got a hold of the guys that sell them, and they said to use styrene to patch the section I removed, but I wondering what bonds styrene?

Yuppers, I realize it says plastic on what I posted, but the guy that sold it to me says styrene, go figure, I never finished the post about them.

where did you find the DA Tray?

@tmaxxfreek I got it off the RCC forum vendors section. The guy that sells them is called The Crawl Space. Just sign up, look for the thread, and copy/paste the most recent list w/your name added to it, he should P.M you with the payment details.

Here's the webpage with actual pics of what they sell.
http://flyingdutchmanmrp.com/rock-crawling.html

Last edited:
Styrene is the plastic that they make the models that are sold in the hobby shops out of. So any of the model glue should work for you. I recommend the regular Testors as the non-toxic version doesn't bond as well IMO.

@hamz9561 thanks a bunch, I did some light googling, and a few threads I've come across mentioned MEK, but I think I'll go the Testors route, it's always at the hobby shops modelling section.

Does anyone have any places that sell black styrene shapes/c-channels/half-tubes. I suppose white will work too, but black is definitely preferable. I suppose I can always just paint it too.

Is there any specific tools I should be considering?

My lhs carries it in stock. You could also look at college book stores and art supply houses.

Tools that I'd recommend:
Hobby knife with extra blades
Dremel tool
Heat Gun (to soften and allow bending)

@hamz9561 Once again thanks! You wouldn't happen to remember the brand name for the black styrene, just so can see if its available in any of the Canadian hobby locations.

Not really sure of a brand name. My lhs carries the white for model railroad detailing and scratch-building.

Back