what engine is this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheresitgoing

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
On the side it says hot bodies 3.5. When I looked online they seem to come in .21ci and .26ci and both say 3.5 on the side. Is there any other way to tell the difference. If pics are needed I will post them. I need to order parts for it and don't want to order the wrong items. Any help is appreciated

if all else fails you could always call the manufacturer and ask them. Sorry I'm not familiar with those engines

Can you post a pic of your engine? I'm pretty sure a .21 is equivalent to a 3.5, a .26 is equivalent to a 4.27,

Can you post a pic of your engine? I'm pretty sure a .21 is equivalent to a 3.5, a .26 is equivalent to a 4.27,
That normally is true but when I did a quick search of that engine the first time I read this post i did stumble across this article on big squid RC that is talking about the 2.6 and it shows pictures of it saying 3.5 on the side of it? Its really odd. I couldnt really find any info or pics on the .21 version of it...at least non that I could read the side of it clearly enough to see if it also sasid 3.5.

Scroll down toward the bottom of this page to see the .26 that says 3.5 on big squid.
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/tag/engine/

It's very odd. Mine has the silver block and the silver cooling head. I have not found another pic of one like it. It doesn't have the old purple cooling head. I will post pics later today but I'm not sure it will help. But then again you guys know more then me about this stuff so you might see something I don't

IMAG0249.jpg
IMAG0250.jpg

Wow, I'm at a loss. To the OP, have you compared part numbers between the .21 and .26 or are you not finding any info on .21 parts?
Theres no possible way the .21 and .26 share the same crankcase, that would really confuse things. Maybe its a .26 with a misprint crankcase.o_O
.15 is a 2.5,
.18 is a 3,0
.21 is a 3.5
.23 is a 3.8
.26 is a 4.3 and so on, That's the way its always been.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm at a loss. To the OP, have you compared part numbers between the .21 and .26 or are you not finding any info on .21 parts?
Theres no possible way the .21 and .26 share the same crankcase, that would really confuse things. Maybe a misprint?
.15 is a 2.5,
.18 is a 3,0
.21 is a 3.5
.23 is a 3.8 and so on, That's the way its always been.
I think the sensible thing for me to do now is scurry away in confusion and defeat.
I have found the part numbers for both engines and they are different. I can only find the piston and sleeve for the .21 and have not found it for the .26 yet. I think I'm might just buy another engine at this point. I found a new nitro star f3.5 new for $110. Would that be a good replacement. I just don't want to order the wrong part and be out $60