Axial has some competition!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
overview.jpg

Vattera is going all out on their R/C line up and it looks like they have their crosshairs on Axial!

http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=VTR03023

And it's not a Jeep Wrangler! It only comes with the gear set up for a single-speed transmission but can use the gear set for the Twin Hammers to upgrade to a 2-speed without having to add a new case. I also like that it's a K5 Blazer. I think I have a new project.

Maybe I read it wrong, but on the site it reads as if the two speed option requires a whole new trans. Looks like they've taken a lot of notes on what have been the popular mods on the SCX platforms over the years. Like the factory CMS, front mount battery, CV's up front, etc. Looks like a good rig if they hold up well.

To upgrade the transmission, you need the servo, the Twin Hammers shift fork and the 2-speed gear set. It costs about $65 including the servo.

Could only hope so, competition is a good thing.

I want one. I used to have a 1:1, it was two tone white and dark red w/white top.

Looks very nice! Too bad I'm not a Chevrolet fan lol.

Looks like it could be good competition for Axial as long as it holds up well and aftermarket support jumps on board because we all know these never stay stock for very long. One thing I like the most is it already has a chassis mounted steering servo set up to give it a much more scale look.

Either this or a yeti will be next on my list when i get settled with my other rc's. I'm hoping they decide to release the Yeti in Kit Form. MMP and a roc412 would work great in a yeti :)

looks good have to wait and see how they hold up

I love my TF2, you should go with the tf2 first.... :D

Back