I've jumped on the bandwagon!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have another silly ?
I take it the clips that clip onto the chassis above the diffs are kind a critical piece, correct?
I ask as the rear one is missing and I want to make sure I get what I need once I start ordering parts.

On another note, I pulled the diffs apart, and they look great, and the bearings cleaned up well.
I put Racers Edge diff locker putty in the rear & 40,000 in the front.
I cannot believe how stiff the diff lock putty is, it's even stiffer then the plumbers putty I put in my maxx's rear diff's.

Last edited:
you need those locators ,if you dont it will cause the diff to move up and down when accellerating /decellerating.
you may have to get them from your lhs as i think most of the chop shops usually include them with the plastics lot if you know what i mean.

That's what I figured, I see Traxxas sells them with the bulkheads, and the eBay shops sell them with the plastic's sets.

I have some thick plastic board scrap bits, so I think I'll make the rear one I need and secure it with a 3mm bolt.

Thank you for your input CM.

you could buy a slayer pro plastic parts set ,that way you would get the smaller radio box and throttle servo mount plus its cheaper than the revo plastics usually.

Since I had nothin better to do while waiting for the mail dude to bring me parts, I decided the blue ano had to go!

So far I have got a white base on it so the the sick metallic green I have should pop really well.
At least it will look good till I hit the rocky dirt for the first time!

imagejpg1_zps54285b37.jpg

I finally got the green painted on the chassis, it came out really sick in the sun light.
The pics do it no justice.
imagejpg1_zpsdcd5d186.jpg

imagejpg2_zps8a23d428.jpg

looking good mate ,have you done the bulkhead braces the same colour that would look epic

I just got done putting the white base on the bulk braces & the engine brace & mounts, they are all getting the same green as the chassis.

I can't believe how hard it was to get a good pic of the finished paint, it came out better then I thought it would.
It's the first real paint project for the $20 HF airbrush I bought.
I may have to get a better AB when funds allow, I did pick up an old single action Badger 200 for $5, looks like it got used once & put back in the box.
I just need the air hose adapter for it.

Here are some better close ups of the green on the chassis.
026_zpsa7e0a65e.jpg

025_zpsbf1e7a7e.jpg

Back