Yet Another Toy ........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxfreek

Hardcore RCTalk User
Firefighter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Traded with a good friend of mine, i had what he wanted and i never thought i would have so much fun with this, I'm not even sure what it started life as, but it has metal tracks and wheels, a smoker kit,upgraded sound board and shoots airsoft. ran a pack thru it yesterday and had a blast. the dogs love to chase it thru the yard
100_4996_zpscdedb74f.jpg

Sweet I would like to pick up a tank for a reasonable price one day.

I think this one started life as a low cost kit, now it weighs 10 pounds easily. Alot more fun than i thought it would be.

That thing looks awesome, we need a video of it in action!

What scale is that? I've had an Abrams A1 tank project on hold for over a year because I can not find tracks. It's 1/12 scale but the electronics and running gear were toy grade with plastic belt tracks. I did a complete custom paint job on it and stopped 1/2 way through the mechanical build due to lack of tracks.

Here's a CAD design I did for the internals:
Tank_Power.jpg

Tank_Base_1.jpg

I will get the top off and share some photos, unsure of its scale, ill pull the paperwork out and read up on it, i do know this one has no esc's, it had boards that controls the motors,lights,smoker kit and the air soft gun.. Ill try to get the photos up, i will also try and find the supplier of the steel tracks and wheels. Oh and the videos, I'm sure i will enjoy making those

Without counting the gun, mine is 26" from front to rear.
If yours is even close to that I can make those tracks work when I build the drive system.

Actually, give me the width of a track shoe. 2 1/4" is what I'm looking for, or as close to that as I can get.

the good thing about these tracks are they are adjustable, you can remove sections to make longer or shorter,the tracks A 1 3/4 wide,my tank is only 15 inches without the gun.

Bummer. That means you have either 1/16 or 1/24th scale. From 1 3/4 wide to 2 1/4 would be way to noticeable, but get me some info on what you have.

I have 3 1/6 scale 21st century Stuart m5 tanks
2 run but need a little work other is brand new and just clicks when powered up. I soldered a new diode in that was popped and still does the same thing
and a 1/9 scale Abrams M1A1 all electronics in in a box has to be put together to see if it works I want to get rid of[DOUBLEPOST=1409441959][/DOUBLEPOST]I would really like them to all go together but I may split them up. they are huge so shipping is out of the question