Details on the Armattan quad.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought a soldering station. My pen soldering iron just doesn't cut it anymore. The station and extras was under $50.
soldering iron.jpg
MainTOP.jpg
KK2.jpg
KK2top.jpg
CF226Upside_.jpg
ESCs.jpg

I got it to fix my Quad from Armattan Quads. I had a bad crash indoors and smacked an esc on the corner of a table.

Before I broke it, it was a blast to fly. Here are some related pics

Pics?!?! Got any video of this thing flying? :D

I will have vids soon, I was trying to get better at flying before a posted anything, as I can barely hover. Once the Soldering Iron comes in I will fix it and post a video before I break it again. :)

If the onboard flight controller is programmed properly, hovering is a hands off affair with most of the quads I've played with.

Sorry it has taken so long for a response, but I'm working 6 days a week ATM.

About the soldering station, I got it from amazon for $39.99. Normal price for the sigma is 59.99 without the extras and 79.99 with them. It also came with desoldering pump, solder, and a wrist strap. I agree with Greywolf 100%on soldering Irons, but this one came with a decent recommendation from a friend of the family who does a lot of soldering. I will post on how well it performs when it arrives.

As far as the quad, it doesn't have a fancy Flight controller, its a $13 kk2.1 I admit I am not the best at the auto level setup. Honestly the auto level doesn't interest me much as I am trying to learn how to fly without any real aid from the FC. Of course I could put a multiwii or DJI FC in it, and it will basically fly itself.

Where's the fun in having it fly itself?

I'm interested to know what you think about that station Sur3....Hard to find a good station real cheap.

Where's the fun in having it fly itself?

That was my thought. Its Exactly why I am not interested in the blades, or any major manufacturer. I am using the quad as a half way point to learning helis, because it teaches orientation, and what the different sticks do on a much more stable platform.[DOUBLEPOST=1409534918][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm interested to know what you think about that station Sur3....Hard to find a good station real cheap.

It should be here on the 8th. I should get around to soldering that night.. If I can I will post my review shortly after testing on some 12ga wires on extra deans.

Back