Mamba Monster.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Quick question guys, 2200 kv or 2650 kv in a brushless conversion buggy? which is better and why. Gonna run 4s mainly but I may run 6s every now and then just for kicks!!:D.

Out of those, I'd go with the 2650. The 2200 is what they use in MTs, you won't need the extra torque in a buggy.

The extra torque is loads of fun, & the 6s capability is awesome, I went with the mm 2, 2200kv for my son's slash.

The extra torque is loads of fun, & the 6s capability is awesome, I went with the mm 2, 2200kv for my son's slash.

I've got the 2200kv in my slash and on 3's it's pretty quick, but with 4s it's stupid fast.

Yeah I got the 2200 in my ofna truggy and that thing is a BEAST! Just wanted to know if all that power would make the buggy un-drivable. With my truggy I can control it pretty good on 4s, but on 6s that thing is a terror.

Yeah I got the 2200 in my ofna truggy and that thing is a BEAST! Just wanted to know if all that power would make the buggy un-drivable. With my truggy I can control it pretty good on 4s, but on 6s that thing is a terror.
It would be the same in the buggy.

I may be a little late chiming in here but 2650kv is way to fast for a buggy if your gonna be driving on a track. 2200 could be ok depending on the size of the track but it would have to be a really big track or you might want to scale down to 3S. I'm no expert but I know most of the guys around here running on medium sized tracks tend to run 4s on somethign between a 1700 and 1950kv.

If your not driving on a track then knock your socks off with what ever, it wont matter much although Id probably lean toward the 2650kv for kicks since most buggies I know of wont hold 6S normally.

Last edited:
i ran a 1900kv on my Ebuggy on 4s and it was stupid fast, we ran a race one weekend without a battery restriction, i threw a 6s in and finished worse than i did with the 4s....... a 6s with a 2650....something is gonna fail

Haha, I was way wrong. How do I disagree with my own post? lol

i have never ever ever done that before...you should be ashamed of yourself!

Yeah, I'm still not too familiar with the "E" side of the hobby, I just knew the 2200 would have more torque.

Back